rBoTM Jan 2011 - Nominations Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shamus":ecfb82el said:
Lemond Fan":ecfb82el said:
This is one area that will always be a debate how old does a retro bike needs to be to be retro. Being a teenager in the 90's I consider bikes like the Look from the early to mid 1990's to be retro. The problem is certain bikes such as the Look, Lotus and Calfee were so far ahead of their design when they were made that they do not necessarily look retro to everyone these days when you compare them to their counterparts from the same era.

I feel same... I´m so young! :)

That is my race bike from late 90´s, best track bike I have ever used.
2000 UCI did´t allow to use smaller front wheel anymore and I had to buy Corima.

+1 for Cinelli laser

I think that fact that you are not riding the bike anymore because it effectively has been banned is proof that it remains "futuristic".

my nomination

here is mine;
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121546

DSC00911.jpg

Some strong entries already. Love the Panasonic.

Poll up after weekend so be warned!

Nightmare..........my two favourite bikes on here the Panasonic and Battaglin both in the same month.....this is going to be a tough decision

How old does a bike need to be Retro?

Always to a certain extent arbitrary suggest -

1983: death of Tullio Campagnolo: if needs explanation then you wouldn't understand the answer.

or,

1987: L'Eroica rules out bikes after 1987.

Or a parochially English criteria,

1990: Closure of the SBDU in 1990.

If I could upload a damn image I'd enter my lovely owned from new 1984 Lightweight Unit Raleigh Corsa - in Oyster with a full Shimano 600 Groupset.

Roadking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back