94 Weight weenie dale. Complete. 17.89lbs.

Theory is the skinny tyres have less contact patch thus less tyre in contact with the ice thus less slippy :p be prepared to eat my dust!

That looks great Kaiser, I think mud will be the order of the day so those tyres look ideal.

Still looks a solid bike despite being a weight weenie.

kaiser":35luo07e said:
Theory is the skinny tyres have less contact patch thus less tyre in contact with the ice thus less slippy :p be prepared to eat my dust!
Unless you run them both at the same pressure inside... in that case it increases the fore/aft contact patch giving an overall a probably increase in contact due to the grip design ;) if you get me drift. This also increases drag on the wheel. But should help in the mud.

and the idea of having all the padding in your gloves on not on the bike is very smart, grips would only start to slip in the wet anyway :)

Does look neat and tidy :D.

theres still weight to be saved - whats the bolt on the seat clamp?

decent quality light weight bolts can be used on the stem clamp, seat clamp and canti mounts yet.

Are your nipples alu or brass?

you could trim any spokes excess inside the wheel. Rim tape could be electricians tape.

Bolts holding levers too.

legrandefromage":2oafdlew said:
theres still weight to be saved - whats the bolt on the seat clamp?

Titanium, whole seat clamp weighs 9g

decent quality light weight bolts can be used on the stem clamp, seat clamp and canti mounts yet.
Still to do stem bolts, canti's are alloy and the seat clamp and post clamp are Ti

Are your nipples alu or brass?

Alu nipps, though they surprisingly added weight!

you could trim any spokes excess inside the wheel. Rim tape could be electricians tape.

duct tape is used all ready

Bolts holding levers too.

Also done :)

FluffyChicken":31ttxq0m said:
kaiser":31ttxq0m said:
Unless you run them both at the same pressure inside... in that case it increases the fore/aft contact patch giving an overall a probably increase in contact due to the grip design ;) if you get me drift. This also increases drag on the wheel. But should help in the mud.

and the idea of having all the padding in your gloves on not on the bike is very smart, grips would only start to slip in the wet anyway :)

Does look neat and tidy :D.

:D did eventually get round to fitting those grips 22g bonty foamies.

EDIT:Talking of grips though I also have a pair of what is essentially 2 bits of flat foam from tioga which wrap round the bar, I've kept them as a bit a retro curio but might fit them one day

Latest posts

Back