Dunkers big bad build thread

I use a brillo pad as my first prep, removes any nitromors and paint spots and starts the polishin process.

RobMac":1s9han1r said:
The orange is the wire wool your using, I wouldnt use wire wool on a Alu frame to abrasive and not needed.

The orange is the paint thats come off the frame. I was hoping to restrict wire wool use to dropouts and hard to get to parts as a final measure. And if I did have to use it wouldn't the etch primer get rid of any marks?

I'm going into this job keen but slightly clueless.

5376488670_374532b234_b.jpg

Still grips to fit and 0.06 of a lb to loose. I have another pair of eggbeaters to try and if I get my finger out and find a tool for the BB I should be quids in. Also saved 6g changing the rear brake blocks and still have the front to do. The rear hanger is now surplus but disnae leave much meat if I take it off, maybe fashion some kind of packer.

Really enjoyed this thread :D funny to see some of the same ideas being used.

Aye 1.5's :shock: should be interesting. No decals, keeping the clean cut look. Mibee a wee retrobike one.

that looks sweet as chief
lighter than mine too
but my wheels are heavy
look forward to next weekend

Forgot to say I'm waiting on a proper singlespeed spacer kit, On there just now is bits cobbled from a cassette including 3 sprockets and a steel lockring, I'll keep the one I'm using because it should be lighter than the steel one in the kit. The kit handily comes with an alloy lock ring too. (its the one from superstar, only a £10)

Back