1936 Wards hawthorne Silver King project.

Old Forks

Go with the old fork for sure

It will look beautiful - in fact already does, really compliment the rear stays which are sooooo sexy!

The modern forks make the whole thing look modern in a weird way

I love the sound of your other component choices, though

It's 100% guaranteed to be a stunner!

Surely the bomber fork was a joke :? .

That original fork is beautiful and has been pointed out compliments the rear end to perfection. Please don't put the bomber forks on... asuming that you weren't joking that is ;) .

Really looking forward to seeing this one, I have never really wanted a crusier but I would have a frame like that in a heartbeat. A true work of art. It will look incredible when the polishing is complete.

simply beautiful. I have to confess to being slightly envious :cool:

I actually found another steerer tube that will work so I will be able to use the original. I am going to use the Bomber on my Mercury.

sandmangts":2ppsjczm said:
I actually found another steerer tube that will work so I will be able to use the original. I am going to use the Bomber on my Mercury.

Cool! Well done. So much the right choice

I love look of the fork blades

They really are erm... blades!

If you run into any pedestrians on a boardwalk you'll slice 'em and dice 'em

cool eh?

I managed to repair the fork and I got lucky and found an old headset that fits perfectly.
IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

LeeDevelopment":1iseku3f said:
That is absolutely STUNNING, so happy that you went with the original fork. What is your build list going to look like?

I made alot of progress tonight. I need a longer skip tooth chain and a proper seatpost and a different stem and bar. The wheels are hand polished Arayas with a vintage Sachs drum up front and a Morrow coaster in the rear. Truss rods came from an Elgin.
IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

This is really nice and starting to come together now, I am so pleased with your final fork choice it really does go well especially the bottom crown race area.

Can't wait to see the finished article

So so so the right choice with the fork. I really really love this a lot. So much so that I even had a tentative look around for one myself but although I found other silver kings they didn't have the same beautiful proportions that yours has. :cool:

One small point though is that the clearance looks super tight on the front, or is just the angle of the pic? Is that your final tyre choice or would you be going for a slick cruiser tyre?

Either way I can't wait to see this finished...beautiful :D

Back