Macretro - Baltic Bawbags Pitlochry Classic - 30th Jan 2011

Tazio":34id9p41 said:
I've just realised I don't know where to go! Well obviously I can get to Dunkeld but not sure where after that.

I presume The Ken will be giving clear directions on where the meet is? Or maybe even a sat-nav address?

Nae bother, we'll exchange mobile numbers beforehand and I'm sure TK will put up a map.

old_coyote_pedaller":1qsfjz0v said:
I might be there if I can build up a Cannondale F700 frame I just got. Will need to rebuild a Headshok Fatty Ultra fork then nick all the bits off my Coyote to put on the Cannondale.
If I get it done I'll be there :LOL: but if I eff it up I won't. :oops:

What height are you? I will have a cannondale that ZZ is bringing me so you could have that for the day- it's a 17 inch bike if that is any use?

The Ken":2tvtnct4 said:
Not yet because of the weather - work and family will hold up a recce till the week before but that should give me a good idea of the conditions.

This is the proposed route, the areas I am concerned about are the pink squares, the first is because I have never been that way before, the second could be a bitch because of the snow conditions as it is a real hike uphill in the summer, but we all have legs.

It would mean the last downhill section would be pretty much from Loch Ordie to the end of drumbuie wood - although it is likely to be icy as usual.
Rotmell wood area to guay would also be downhill farm track.

We could also detour up to roar lodge and down the other track on the way out too if it looks good.

LochOrdieRoute30Jan11.jpg

If anyone "local" want's to do a recce let me know how it is - or join me for mine.

...sorry this is the start 10.30 kick off.

I'll be doing a recce on sunday morning if anyone wants to come - I just want to cover the 2 pink sections and take the shortest route back down - not the full downhill, a leisurely stroll if you like. I can't do it saturday as I'll be building the bike for it :)

I'd like the ride to start at 10.30 so aim to arrive for 10 at the latest. Mobile phones don't generally work in the carpark so don't rely on them, phone on the road as early as possible if you are going to be late.

I'll do a phone list and post it out, If you want PM me your mobile numbers and let me know who you are car sharing with.

Entrance to the Carpark is next to a cottage just after an industrial estate entrance. It is usually marked Loch Ordie Walks.

Might be an idea for anyone not sure of the location to form a convoy, yee harr!!

mikee":erzwwwf1 said:
old_coyote_pedaller":erzwwwf1 said:
I might be there if I can build up a Cannondale F700 frame I just got. Will need to rebuild a Headshok Fatty Ultra fork then nick all the bits off my Coyote to put on the Cannondale.
If I get it done I'll be there :LOL: but if I eff it up I won't. :oops:

just bring the bits john
we'll build it in the carpark

I'm well known for leaving things to last minute but that's pushing it even for me. ;)

On the other hand I think you might actually mean it. :cool:

clockworkgazz":3eqxvu9k said:
What height are you? I will have a cannondale that ZZ is bringing me so you could have that for the day- it's a 17 inch bike if that is any use?

Very kind offer, the Coyote is 16", and the F700 15", both C-to-C. Me, I'm 5'6" from soles of my feet to top of my head.

But I won't take the Coyote apart until I have rebuilt the fork for Cannondale, as I don't want to leave myself bikeless.

A hunner posts noo. :shock:

Is the carpark to start ride the one you use when you are going to Upper Cave Crag to climb? Looks like it on map, but don't want to end up in wrong place on me tod. :oops: :shock:

I "think" it is, not many carparks in that area :) I think we will be riding out past the Crags, I hope it is passable for bikes, checking it this weekend.

Back