WTD: Kona 16" steel frame+parts UPDATED***

konafan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
**edit** I have now sourced a frame postage pending!!- so concentration now turns to-

quite high end shimano cranks (for square taper) or if you can offer a modern external crankset for good money???

A nice lightweight front V brake wheel but fairly cheap

Set of skewers any

Rear mech (for 9 spd) **non retro

black riser bars (like race face deus XC etc) **non retro

:D

I've been asked by a friend to build her up a "nice bike"
I'm looking for a 16" frame, either fire mountain/ lava dome/ cinder cone...or if she's lucky, upwards of those!

Budget for the whole bike is only 2-250 so I'm starting the search early.
:LOL:
Ideal set up would be on P2's or some SID's with nice fairly light mavic wheelset (black if poss but...)
I'll probably sprinkle it with modern running gear and V's.

**looking for a half decent yet cheap front wheel in black for V brake**

Got any good news?

:)

do you need some v-brakes as I have a lovely set of M570 ready to rock and can karma you a reasonable 8 speed rear mech if you buy them *shameless I know!*

Dead Rats":3lkuss7z said:
do you need some v-brakes as I have a lovely set of M570 ready to rock and can karma you a reasonable 8 speed rear mech if you buy them *shameless I know!*

shameless but generous, thanks.
Although i will prob buy non parallel linkage V's as cheap new and more importantly don't squeal! ;)

konafan":1pxncfwi said:
Dead Rats":1pxncfwi said:

shameless but generous, thanks.
Although i will prob buy non parallel linkage V's as cheap new and more importantly don't squeal! ;)

understandable... I have some Dia-COmpe vc733 and Deore non parallel if interested ;) and offer stands on the rear mech if so :D

Back