NOS '97 Amp MB4

RAFbikes

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Right this is the first full suspension bike I've built for me, I've always found the additional weight and power loss from bobbing up and down you get with suspension seemed a bit of a sacrifice when I'm only riding light XC in the fens!

Anyway spotted this on eBay over christmas and it's NOS, it's so light and I already had the forks and most of the parts to finish it so this one should get finish a bit quicker than the others.

Spec. so far:

Frame: Amp MB4 NOS
Fork: Amp F3 which are in good shape but I'm going to cut the canti mounts off the fork and re-polish to be a better match to the frame.
Wheels: Not sure what the final ones will be yet but for the time being black XT hubs with black Mavic rims.
Tyres: -
Quick releases:
Wheel: X-lite CamLok Polished NOS
Seat: X-lite CamLok Polished NOS
Headset: RaceFace Deus Polished NEW
Saddle: Black Flite
Seatpost: -
Stem: X-lite holey polished
Grips: -
Cranks: RaceFace Turbine Polished
Chainrings: RaceFace Team Rings Black with polished teeth NOS
Shifter: SL-M739 XT
Brakes: M755 XT
Cassette: M739 XT
Mechs: M739 XT

Need a few bit's to get it finished but not many so should be a quick turn around.

Attachments

• Amp Dropouts.jpg
    Amp Dropouts.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5,678
  • Amp chainstay yoke.jpg
    Amp chainstay yoke.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 5,678
  • Amp frame.jpg
    Amp frame.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 5,678
Well I've got it started, I need to get the funds together to get the adaptors to fit the disks and hopefully one of you lovely old boys will help me out with a pair of M739 rapid fire pods?! (cool parts to swap as ever)

Just waiting for my inner tubes to arrive so I can fit the tyres. . .

Attachments

• 19012011486.JPG
    19012011486.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 5,546
  • 18012011482.JPG
    18012011482.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 5,546
  • 18012011481.JPG
    18012011481.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 5,546
I have two sets of M739 (the best ever) 8sp pods im looking to move on.
Both sold as perfect working order but ive not tested as yet..

Oh, nice AMP by the way!

A set of NOS green wildgrippers would set it off nice ;)

I Had consider green wildgrippers but I think I'm going to be a bit more subtle.

PM on it's way for the shifters :D

I have actually, but I've got 2 other builds on the go with white tyres and I've got a bad habit of using very similar specs on my builds which I'm trying to quit!

I've got a pair or grey Michelin Wildgripers with kevlar bead and a black wall and I'm going to apply a reflective strip around the braking surface of the wheel rim should look pretty cool.

I'd like something a bit more special in the wheel department if anyone has anything that'll take a disc.

Back