1993 Zaskar Build

Good news.

New mech has arrived, got it fitted. Its not perfect yet but I can get all three rings :D

Nearly there now, just a few bits left to pickup next month. Made up as its basically built and still really light :D

Only downside now is that i'm really not feeling the bombers 😢

Anyway, some poor quality pics..

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

Last edited:
didn't like the idea of the bombers ,but they look good

GT bombers no way GT rockshox the way it should be

ohh what do i know

looks well smart ,i know nowt :LOL:

looks nice man, real nice. yeah i ran Z1's on a avalanche that was of a 1999-2000 era, the handling was terrible. Z1 are an awesome fork, but the 4" of travel just whacked out the geometry way too much, the head angle was too slack so it had bad steering, and when you went through the travel, it would go to the other extreme as the head angle steepened. i actually swapped the Z1 for a pair of Z2 with a friend, the Z2 were a 3 inch travel fork, and they were a perfect match for the hardtail. i agree the marzocchi Z1 and Z2 are fantastic forks, they were the first real proper plush forks that didn't have stiction or crazy spring rates, and they were almost maintenance free. when i went to watch the 1996 world champs in cairns, most of the DH riders were using them..

Ian W":31gdgjy1 said:
Thanks gm, must admit I was never a big fan of these decals in pictures really but thought I would take a chance - they look brilliant on the bike in person :D

We need to get Gil to tweek that yellow a tad more neon so it's closer to the originals....Gil, did you catch that bro?

Thanks for the comments.

Now its nearly complete I seem to be replacing bits i've already got :oops:

I might end up trying to trade the bombers for something a little more suitable :p

Back