show us your cars 2

lewis1641":118o79rh said:
they are the same car dude.

i love mk2's too. used to be big into beetles and campers but the scene has shifted soo soo much i got a little disolusioned with it all. still have a bug project but not touched it for 4 years. it is on this year's to do list.

drove my golf for the first time in 2 weeks last night (very little money for fuel so only drive it when i need to at the minute) and it just confirmed everything i love about this car. i am sure there are plenty of other cars of the era with similar characteristics, but none that look as good as a g2 gti!

quote.."none that look as good as a g2 gti!"...Oh yes ;)

Just had it confirmed that my car (see P1 of this thread) is one of the "cover girls" for the March 2011 issue of Classic Cars magazine (Thoroughbred and Classic Cars magazine for those in the colonies ;) ).

bit of a revamp of the old girl this weekend.

new rear bumper, spot lights changed, front bumper straightened out and baby blue g60 steelies fitted.

roll on spring and i will be refitting the porsche wheels and the car is going as low as my drive shafts will allow.

16gfzab.jpg

very nice.

Talking of wheels,I've been waiting for weeks for my new wheels for the 'Gay 70' and It's driving me nuts!!

al. :roll:

I am missing my Dubs now I see those. :(

Had been thinking about a Nissan Stagea but now I am hankering after a tuned Type 3.

One of the few old VWs I have never had, so it is about time.

:)

A Nissan Stagea or a Type 3!

That's a pretty random choice?

al. :D

Back