Here we go again

Me, riding my AventuraTT, travel so slowly that gyroscopic effect doesn't come into play.

Even though I think about it from time to time, it's one less thing for me to worry about ...

highlandsflyer":1068dqgy said:
When you win the lottery you are going to buy a house in a dusty quarry?

Oh well, thank God for the little dreams!

;)

Yeah, I might even buy the quarry and build a fancy log cabin right slap-bang in the middle of it... :LOL:

GeoffApps":12papad8 said:
Do you mean the climb right at the end of the clip?

It is quite steep with lots of loose rocks; I made it all the way up, which I guess is about half a mile altogether. I think I got snarled-up once or twice. But, despite the arthritis in my knees, which gave me quite a lot of pain, and getting puffed due to smoking too much, I rode the climb right to the top by starting again from where I stopped.

I must say that the hill looks nothing in the vid.

Sorry Geoff but you didn't do that right.

Tradition is to stop at bottom of said hill, have a fag, complain about the midges/weather/erosion etc and then push your expensive bike up the hill. No one bothers riding up it anymore.

Its a real hoot going down it flat in the big ring though :LOL:

Ah, mine's a cheap bike, so that means it's OK to ride it up.

Actually, the heather was the main problem; it kept reaching out and grabbing the front wheel...

GeoffApps":2k4nefyt said:
Ah, mine's a cheap bike, so that means it's OK to ride it up.

Actually, the heather was the main problem; it kept reaching out and grabbing the front wheel...

There is a section just before that flat bit where you follow the tree line whilst descending from the north cairn- once onto the open moor it is just wide enough to get a bike through the heather which in at knee height. Man, its a really fast trail and it burns bare legs like mad when you are at speed. My legs get rubbed raw every thursday night. :cry:

I'm planning to come down to Thrunton in the not too distant.
When would be a good time?
That's if we were to meet, with a few chums?

Back