Saracen Kili Comp 96

Yes decided to go with the factory spec in regards to the pedals. I thought about it and tried some grey/silver pedals and it looked fine. I then tried the red pedals and liked the look even more. Maybe due to the fact that there is also a slight hint of red on some of the other components.

The powder coat was done by armourtex in London. Not the closest to me but they are well known to do a good job and I didn't mind the extra distance.

As promised..

I have had the chance to have a little play on a few of the trails local to me.

The ride is nice and springy with quite a direct feel to the front end. The brakes work better than I expected :cool: and all round I am real happy with the final result.;)

kiliout.jpg

Love this kili :D It's superb!

Just for additional info regarding Kili's, in the March '95 MBUK, they reviewed the silver "Comp", which had the Saracen dropouts.

Yet in the April '95 MTB PRO, they reviewed the Neon Yellow "Flyer", this had the Ritchey dropouts!

So, the frame changes started even before mid 1995.

XTSTIMAN":2d210l6g said:
Love this kili :D It's superb!

Just for additional info regarding Kili's, in the March '95 MBUK, they reviewed the silver "Comp", which had the Saracen dropouts.

Yet in the April '95 MTB PRO, they reviewed the Neon Yellow "Flyer", this had the Ritchey dropouts!

So, the frame changes started even before mid 1995.

Do you have that March 95 MBUK by any chance?

I do have the March '95 MBUK.

However, I cannot scan at the moment as my computers down and the laptop does not like the scanners software :?

Will put up a scan in the future if I can sort things out.

I'm more mechanical than binary!

I'd really apprecaite it if you could let me know when you get it scanned :D

Dendy - have you taken this for many spins in the sun now? How does it compare to the e stay kili?

Cheers XTSTIMAN.. Much appreciated :D

Coomber - I have indeed and love it.. Completely different to the estay in many ways. 6lb lighter is a big difference and it is much more aggressive than the race elite.

The race elite ride is how you would imagine it to be. Steady and robust. :D

Back