Your best time on a bike

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Ok guys, cast your mind back over your cycling life and think about the BEST time(s) you've had on 2 wheels..........

I have 2:
My first is a memory from my racing days as a junior. I rode the Bury St Edmunds crit's and placed 2nd to Bradley Wiggins. It was a packed field, massive crowds, my proud Dad at the finish line. Such a good feeling.
My second is a ride with SPESHMIKE this summer. It was one of those times where you just get up, go out and ride; no planned route and no planned timing. It became a 5 hour epic, but the scenery and the fun we had just made it all worthwhile.

To me, this is what cycling is all about, the memories of good times had......

Re: Best time

Wold Ranger":3ehulrzu said:
It's always the best time, every time I hop on!
Same here. Always takes me back too good times gone by and life is so good when on the bike. :D :cool:

too many to mention - a blur of hot sunny days, crisp winter rides, snow, rain, wind, mountains, forests, mud, roots, streams, pubs, cafes... [disappears into a dream state]....

A perfect day in the Brecon Beacons with a fast descent off Pen Y Fan that ended with cracked ribs! It hurt but it was THE most spectacular pile in. To this day not sure whether the cracked ribs were from coming off the bike or my mate running over to check I was OK, finding me pissing myself with laughter...and then kicking me for goving him a heart attack!

My best ride ever was a group of about six good friend and myself doing a real good ride on Dartmoor.

The ride follows the old railway line from Plymouth upto Dartmoor prison at Princetown and back. It was and still is a great ride made better by using a single speed, if thats your thang (Which it is).

Good mates, good pub grub at the plume of feathers in Princetown and a fine picturesque and quite chalenging( without gears anyway) ride.

But one word of warning.Make sure your grips are firmly stuck to your bars, as loosing one on the way down a fast very wet water gully hurts, a hell of a lot. I use lock ons now!

Cheers,Al

actually that does remind me of one particularly good ride - we camped just below the Warren House Inn (Dartmoor) and rode around there all day, coming back to the pub late in the day with the Halle-Bop comet (I think it was that one?) rising above the pub in the very starry sky that evening. A few whiskeys in the pub, good company, camping under the stars. Great ride!

Used to race in the "Wight Max" the whole weekend was brilliant. Had some real good laughs.

Back