WTD - Marzocchi blanking bolts (FOUND SOME)

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
does anyone have any or know where I can get some?

They are to replace the redundant extra long v-brake bosses in my 2002 Bombers... the bosses appear to have a very fine thread (so the blanking bolts would obviously need the same!) :D

Cheers, Al

I just used some low-domed headed bolts on my Z1's....not the prettiest I would say..but stops all the shite getting in the threads..

K

keitht":3g7rbs2c said:
I just used some low-domed headed bolts on my Z1's....not the prettiest I would say..but stops all the shite getting in the threads..

K

screwed into the bosses or in place of...? ta, Al :D

Ahhh yes sorry...in place of.

univega9fr2011_0115_135326-1.jpg

what happens if you take them out? mine are more recent 2002 model which apparently fall apart if the bosses are removed, hence needing MZ branded blankers

Ahh..sorry I see. Yours hold the brace on as well yes?

You should still be able to put bolts through though surely...if the boss threads hold the legs together..a bolt of similar length should do also ???

( I think )

K

indeed, removing the boss seriously compromises the structural integrity of the forks... needs a super fine thread tho (finer than any bolts I have here)

Hi

If they are the same as my 2001 Z1's which I think they are, they are rare beasties indeed only found out they did special ones last year and everywhere I looked they were sold out. There is a radical solution but not for the faint hearted UK Bike store have the standard ones in stock (3 piece M arch) I bought some to replace the ones my mate had cut down originally when he fitted hope mini's. Just buy some new ones and cut the old one's off near the nut fitting :shock: they look ok and work just fine ;)

Back