Orange Clockwork 19" 1998/99

gravelrash

Retro Newbie
Very original Orange Clockwork mountain bike in good condition. I purchased it new in late 1998 in the custom colour Slime Green as I disliked the standard anniversary orange-white colour available at the time.

It has been used, so has a few surface scratches, but is in generally good condition

Almost all original parts, with the following few exceptions:
Bottom bracket, brake & gear cables, and chain - all replaced at some point due to wear
Rear brake calipers - original Avid Single Digit 1.0 V-Brake calipers replaced with Avid Single Digit 5 V-Brake calipers when the return spring failed on the originals
Seatpost clamp - replaced with a QR seatpost clamp for convenience. I probably still have the original somewhere.
Grips - it has some worn out marin grips on it at the moment, but I will find something better to fit before it goes to its new home
Pedals - I got the bike shop to supply & fit upgraded Tioga Surefoot VI alloy pedals to replace the standard plastic pedals when the bike was new.

Apart from that, even the tyres are original.

Standard 1-1/8th headset (rather than the older 1" headset found on some retro bikes) so fitting current generation suspension forks is an option.

I am hoping it is worth £250 - please let me know if I am way off.

p4pb6056072.jpg

p4pb6056052.jpg

p4pb6056058.jpg

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/776148/

Thank you GT-Steve :D

I have always liked it. Good job really, as it cost me more than a months wages to buy. :shock:

I would prefer cash on collection - it does give you a chance to view the bike first, as well as avoiding risks of damage in transit etc.

If you do really want shipping though, I can organise this. Cost of shipping will be £25, and I would want fully cleared funds before sending the bike.

Thanks, I understand. I'm in Birmingham so it'd need to be courier really.

Could pay by Paypal, bank transfer or cheque. I'll have a think and get back to you over the weekend if that's OK.

Cheers.

I have had a bit of interest in the bike from people wanting to buy the bike "mail order" without viewing in person first, so I thought I should add the following photos which hopefully highlight the worst bits of the bike.

This shows scratches on the top tube and worn decals where the control cables rub
p4pb6111889.jpg

This is a stone chip on the underside of the bottom bracket shell, plus scrapes on the bb shell from when the chain has come off (that is copper grease you can see in the drain holes)
p4pb6111891.jpg

Paint flaked from top of "boner fido" stem
p4pb6111890.jpg

Well used rear mech
p4pb6111953.jpg

Also, as you can see, the bike could do with a bit of a clean. I will make a bit more effort before handing the bike on to its next owner.

Back