Mixte Fixie

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Seen a few of these on the bay in the last few days.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Womens-Fi ... 133wt_1139

Interested on opinions...

!CC1T7IQCWk~$(KGrHqMOKoYE0gPGc96tBNMgdcv8ig~~_3.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
personally never seen the point in mixte (fixie or otherwise) since women no longer cycled in long skirts... probably not the sort of opinion you were after, sorry :roll:

It looks like every other ropey fixed gear conversion with a step over frame. No thanks, especially not at £250.

umm, not keen or impressed.

I imagine 10 minute in a local rag classifieds will get you a donor bike for £25 and a pair of wheels from the LBS/online for £50 and you could have the same result and save £150

[Bike Nerd Mode]
That's not a mixte, that just a dropped top-tube ladies frame

Mixte have a top tubes that run from the top of the head tube all the way the the rear hub, and are much nicer. See pic below of Witcomb Mixte that passed through my ownership
[/Bike Nerd Mode]

:)

Attachments

• IMG_7571_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_7571_edited-1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 2,769
Those cranks are the same as ones I had on a raleigh flat bar road bike back in 1985 (johns pic).

Step through frames are easier than getting you leg over a normal frame for those with either stiff joints or tight fixie jeans. I'm not a fan.

Cheers for the mixte info Ted.

taffy":26kulthq said:
I imagine 10 minute in a local rag classifieds will get you a donor bike for £25 and a pair of wheels from the LBS/online for £50 and you could have the same result and save £150

About my thoughts. Not a massive amount of work gone into those.

The Ken":26kulthq said:
Step through frames are easier than getting you leg over a normal frame for those with either stiff joints or tight fixie jeans. I'm not a fan.

Good point, don't want to split the arse in those skin tight jeans you stole from your sister when cocking a leg over a high top tube. Maybe the ebay seller is onto something.

literally hundreds of these buggers down the tip - paint polish and a freehub and I'm a millionaire...?

Back