Thetford National Road Trip...

Getting anywhere from Leeds-Liverpool east/west and Preston- Macc North/South is doable for me, if theres room. If I could find the tow-bar "block" for the pendle rack I would offer to take 4 in my BMW Estate, but 3 is a squeeze with no rack 2 in comfort really is all that i can manage and 30mpg doesn't really work that well. :(

Well if it comes to it we three can pile in up here and I'll fit a roof rack too so Charlieboy will just be a bit of a squeeze... :LOL:

Best not take too much kit though!

Kev, if you can get to the M18/A1 junction (there are services there Iirc) then you can hitch a lift with Simonside and me in the Yellow Peril. Its a whopping 287miles each way for us and we will be leaving early- we should be passing around 6:45/7:00am, or maybe stuffing our faces with dead meat and eggs.

Offer of a lift goes to anyone who can get to the A1.

Dr S":3o2e46hu said:
Kev, if you can get to the M18/A1 junction (there are services there Iirc) then you can hitch a lift with Simonside and me in the Yellow Peril. Its a whopping 287miles each way for us and we will be leaving early- we should be passing around 6:45/7:00am, or maybe stuffing our faces with dead meat and eggs.

Offer of a lift goes to anyone who can get to the A1.

If its going to be better for elpedro & co then yeah, I can get to Donny :) Its about an hour from where I am but brings the day into the realms of financial do-ability :)

What's the yellow peril, dare I ask?

Sorry Kev, i meant the M62/A1 junction (i'm tired and hungry and my brain stopped working). Thats only 30mins from Todmorden so even better.

The yellow peril is nothing exotic i'm afraid- just a van.

Cheers for helping out us NWs Si.

Is everyone sorted for a lift/transport now then?

By my reckoning so far we have:

~ Me and Woody in the Smart of Doom.
~ elPedro, HarryCumb and Charlieboy in the Banger of Near Certain Death.
~ MrLee and Kaya in the Frothing Estate Car of Satan's Spawn.
~ Kev Duckworth in with DrS and the Van of Perilous Yellow and Dead Meat Food Breaks.
~ Sinnett in the Titanium Estate Car of the Year of Impending Catastrophe with Stickers.

Not sure yet about MrK's plans are. But I reckon he needs to escape from his Cellar of Unreasonable amounts of Probable Chafing first.

Optional meet up for second or third breakfast on the A14 Kettering services between J7 and 8 from about 7am in the morning.

Thetford should be about another hour and a half down the road from there so I guess we'll need to hit the road again by 8am.

Crap that's an early, early start.

Kettering.jpg

Sidewinder":mw08jmbv said:
If anyone from NW area's got a spare seat I'll come out of hibernation for this one :LOL:

If you can get to "Shaw" junction on the M62 for 6:15am I'll take you to Ferrybridge to meet Dr S and Yellow Van of Peril

Back