INEVITABLE END

SLIM

BoTM Winner
now heres a dilemna .............

was pondering on life , the universe , and everything in it the other day :LOL:

anyway , if i was to take the final trip off this mortal plain , i would leave the wife with , at the moment 10 (soon 11) bikes

all retro , and as far as she knows , worth about £50 each ;)

but which in fact , i have spent about £400 on each , if not more

so here`s the thing , if included in a will , how could you possibly estimate the value on each , as we all know that splitting each one would result in a much higher return , and getting a valuation on a 10 - 15 year old bike would probably be laughable ?

sorry for bringing the vibe down :LOL:

I have often thought about this :? morbid aint it.

I have always told my missus to go down and see 'Bikeshopowner' at the cycleworks and let him flog em off in parts for her, or she can do the easy route of ebay em off complete - starting at a quid with local pickup :shock: , after all what do I care when I've been pushing up daisys for a year :LOL:

she would probably just come on here and ask you guys as she knows 90% of my time is spent tapping the keyboard on this site.

yeh , thought about leaving instructions for you "vultures" to pick the bones clean :LOL:

or to leave to a beneficiary on here to act act as an agent :D

Could go full hog and have a viking send off! Pretty much like
RJ Chickens on wed night! :shock:
Lots of Selle italia saddles and Mavic wheels crackling through the night!

Another option is to will them to this site so the bikes and the money go into keeping this place running.
:? not sure how the missus would like that tho :?:

You don't need to specify a value in your will, just the disposition, if necessary. If your hope is that your wife be able to maximize the value of them, just tell her what you want done. A problem that you may find is that the labor costs involved in stripping and flipping your bikes will substantially reduce the economic benefits of doing so.

thats the problem , she has no idea of the value of them

i just envisage her giving them away or binning them :shock:

or do i come clean and tell her how much money has gone into them , risking divorce :LOL:

Back