Another newbie bike ID please, pretty please.

Thanks for all the input guys. :)
So it would seem that this would be a good base to bring back to glory.
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to what model it is or what it should look like. If it is pretty good i'd like to take i back to how it should look. I was thinking of using the frame for a single speed as i've not had chance to ride one, but if the componants are good and worth it then i'll restore best i can.
Thanks again.

Nooooo - not another single speed!! To ggod for that. It's a road geared bike, a good clean and polish (plenty of recent threads on members doing just that. jCymbal's Gazelle and Zlotty's Clements for example) and it'll be excellent.

Personally I would:

strip the components from the frame and give it a clean and polish

Select the best parts and refit

source better brakes such as Campagnolo GS or Shimano 600/ DA form a similar era

Clean & polish hubs/ spokes and rims plus fit quick release axles

Fit posh comfy seat and bar tape

here's one I did earlier:

bromwich_cycles_430.jpg

tom_bromwich_finished_175.jpg

Old Ned":1ajdi9a6 said:
Nooooo - not another single speed!! To ggod for that. It's a road geared bike, a good clean and polish (plenty of recent threads on members doing just that. jCymbal's Gazelle and Zlotty's Clements for example) and it'll be excellent.

:D LOL, i knew that would get to some. My interest with single sped is really just down to the fact that i've never tried a single speed road bike before. I dont think the whole hipster thing would suit me as my usual cycling times i'm dressed in work gear and carrying my steell toe caps in my bag. I will bring it back to how it should be.

legrandefromage":31n5keab said:
Personally I would:

strip the components from the frame and give it a clean and polish

Select the best parts and refit

source better brakes such as Campagnolo GS or Shimano 600/ DA form a similar era

Clean & polish hubs/ spokes and rims plus fit quick release axles

Fit posh comfy seat and bar tape

Now that sounds like a plan, gonna get it powder coated though, have access to a basically free powdercoaters, so why not. just wish i could find out what model it was so i could get the correct colour and decals to restore it.

playford":3a4j4ao4 said:
It doesent look like it even needs powdercoated.

bit of a clean and some t-cut.

I know but I dont know what model it is or what decals would have been on it, so I thought I may as well make it my own and change it to a colour i prefer and have a nice fresh paint job on it ready for the summer.

red looks good to me, powdercoat wont be as nice as that, spend an hour with some t-cut and see what you think then.

Back