18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

Sithlord":241yu0wn said:
Well you'll have to fella.. could be a while before I'm down your way.. :cry:

May pop and see it at yours ;)

Felt it was time I updated this thread a little bit..

I know its not to everyones taste , or period blah, blah, but I like it :) , I hope you do too :) , I've tried to stay sympathetic to the frame :)

As the WCS wheelset is too nice to use during the winter months and they need a damm good service , I've put some new wheels on .. :)

Mavic 517 and 618 rims,,,

IMGP3123.jpg

IMGP2922.jpg

IMGP3023.jpg

Laced onto Hugi 240 hubs..

IMGP3124.jpg

IMGP2917.jpg

I've been looking since I got the bike for a nicer set of Ritchey I beam brakes as the existing ones were a little tatty,never thought I'd get another set as they are rare.. so before christmas and with a little help from one of our german friends , Another virtually NOS set was shipped for fitting..

IMGP2982.jpg

IMGP2930.jpg

One of the best V brakes I've ever used :)

also whilst I was snowed in over christmas , I fitted a Ritchey WCS headset I had kicking around in the workshop..

IMGP3074.jpg

Also decided to change the rear cassette for something more racy and reduce a few more grams..:)

IMGP3022.jpg

IMGP2771.jpg

And I know that some of you die hards out there wont like this at all , but I dont care.. ,,I think it looks super sexy and suits the racey look of the bike really well, whilst knocking over 170 grams off the weight of the Fizik :) ..

IMGP3068.jpg

IMGP2652.jpg

Whilst I've been busy beavering away ,, I did another re-weigh and it comes in at 8.22kgs.. :D :D so very pleased with that.. I could drop the weight even further but it feels about right , any lighter its just too skitty..

Just waiting on new ceramic swiss top pads to arrive and a couple more small parts then hopefully , I might actually be able to get out this year on her.... :)

Yummy yummy, looking better than ever. :cool:

Love the saddle, but can't help thinking it needs more splashes of carbon to tie-in.... ;) :cool:

Can you get four finger carbon levers?

Looks soooooo much better with rigid forks and without the red banded tyres too.

Dr S":1lbllj6a said:

Looks soooooo much better with rigid forks and without the red banded tyres too.

Agreed with the boots but i did like it with the blue SID's you had! Hope yer well Si and a trip upt North for a blast maybe on the cards or you back to the manor?

Dr S":2iahwak0 said:

Agree. Nice carbon seat to :D

Yummy yummy, looking better than ever.

Love the saddle, but can't help thinking it needs more splashes of carbon to tie-in....

Steve.. Thanks... I've thought about going more carbon on this, but feel whilst it will reduce the weight , I dont feel it really suits the look bike , and to be honest I dont really wanna go much lighter it feels balanced and the weight is right on the edge of what feels comfortable..

Ritchey's new line of superlogic stuff is amazing , and would indeed knock quite a bit of weight off the WCS stuff I have fitted on the mo on the bike,

But they dont make a 27.0 dia or smaller carbon seatpost , so I'd have to use a carbon post from another manufacturer, and if I went Ritchey carbon bars then I'd also have to change the stem to accommodate the larger 31.8 dia of the bar.. and It just does not look right :)

Si, I think, I could get some four fingered carbon ones knocked up , but cant see me ever using four fingered levers... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree the amberwall tyres have changed the look of the bike for the better, however the Panaracer Mud 1.8's are and amazing tyre, so the tyre was chosen for performance over aesthetics :)

Agreed with the boots but i did like it with the blue SID's you had! Hope yer well Si and a trip upt North for a blast maybe on the cards or you back to the manor?

Well the sids are there to use when I feel the going might get a little playful :LOL: :LOL: ;)

And the Logic fork is an amazing fork , so compliant sometimes you forget your on rigids..old skool fella anyway.. :)

I'll PM ya about potential rides this year dude.. love to get back down there soon :)

Agree. Nice carbon seat to

Cheers tintin... I think it looks great,, and the weight or should I say lack of it is unreal.. :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Back