Carrera Monza

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I found this bike abandoned next to the industrial wheely bins at the bottom of my flats, it had been there some time and never been moved, so I decided to give it a new home nefore the binmen took it away.

Picture007-1.jpg

A Carrera Monza, serial number: U00347457, which I know very little about apart from the fact it looks mid 90's to me and has RX100 components.

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

If anyone has any info or could date the bike a bit better than me then let me know!

It looks scruffy but is in working order, so I'll give it a few rides and see how I like it (it may make a decent winter training bike).

Frame:Carrera Monza Reynolds 531 Butted Tubing
Fork: steel ???

Headset: Threaded style headset.
Stem: ?? Alloy
Handlebar: Cinelli alloy

Brakes: Shimano 100RX
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano RSX

Shifters: Shimano 100RX
Front Derailleur: Shimano 100RX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 100RX
Cassette: Shimano 7spd
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Shimano 500EX
Chainrings: Simano Biopace (52T.??)

Hub Skewers: SHimano
Rims: Mavic Open 4CD
Hubs: Shimano 100RX
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Seca FPS / other unknown

Saddle: Selle san Marco Rolls

[/img]

You found it? Wow... if only some people knew 531 is pretty good and collectable. I only find cheap n' nasty hi-tensile Apollo scat around my patch :x

Is that a San Marco Rolls saddle on it too? I really need to work harder at my wombling skills...

Goldie":uyzow93t said:
Is that a San Marco Rolls saddle on it too? I really need to work harder at my wombling skills...

yeh it is, probably the classiest bit of the whole bike tbh :LOL: shame it's not in very good condition though :cry:

jimo746":26kdqg2b said:
Goldie":26kdqg2b said:

yeh it is, probably the classiest bit of the whole bike tbh :LOL: shame it's not in very good condition though :cry:

There is a 531 frame, quality mid range drive train and lots of polishing to do, whats not to like?

If you dont want it, pass it on to someone who'll appreciate it.

and with white mech and frame decals, that is from around 1990

Thanks for the info on the date.

I meant shame the Rolls saddle isn't in very good condition (big chunk out of one side), the rest of the bike is in pretty good shape considering.

Just needs a clean & polish, new tyre and tube, maybe some less garish bar-tape (crikey, it looks like the early 90's stuff :LOL: ) and a bit of fettling.

Longer term I think it could use new decals/paint, so I may re-do it in white and keep it as a training bike (when I get around to starting some "training" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Very nice, looking at the rear dropouts I am even more convinced that mine is a Carrera Monza too!

Look forward to it being restored to it's former glory!

Attachments

• Carrera 1991 002.jpg
    Carrera 1991 002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 4,310
Hey,

New here so cant PM sorry! Also sorry to resurrect an old post but does anyone know what size seat post the monza takes? I got my hands on a frame for a build but not sure of its measurements!

Thanks in advance!
T

Back