1994 Specialized S Works FSR - Project Black

That's super sweet!! :cool:

Sounds like you put a lot of effort (and cash!) into it, well worth it I'd say. Always been a bit wary of twists on originals, but this is fantastic and gives me inspiration for my next project.
Cheers!

Twists

Speshes are bikes that are to be ridden the end of the day, spec'ed to use and ride, thats why I used grip shifts, they do the job, they are all about function not form. Look at Neds race bike.

Attachments

• specialized_ultimate_019.jpg
    specialized_ultimate_019.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 4,882
Very nice, realy like the new decals and black paint combo. Where did you source the ummagumma tyres, I've been looking fo ages :(

Re: Twists

jjwood":3kno66k4 said:
Speshes are bikes that are to be ridden the end of the day, spec'ed to use and ride, thats why I used grip shifts, they do the job, they are all about function not form. Look at Neds race bike.

Sorry, I think we got our wires crossed a bit there... ;)
What I wanted to say was a new twist on an original, ie- you've changed the paint and graphics. Which as I said looks great, and you've done it to a theme, which is even better.

I totally agree with you that Specialized are meant to be ridden, I ride one everyday: :D
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126602

i love the all black finish. always wondering what it would look like. looks quite 'modern' in a good way. that's such a good build of parts as well.
super :cool:

Beautiful FSR!

Excellent job on your bike. I just bought a 95 FSR Stumpjumper Sport frame myself ,unfortunately mine is missing the rear shock. Is your shock the original length? The reason I ask is that your linkage appears to be at a different angle than other FSR frames I have seen online. Yours looks like it has a 6" shock? Any information on the correct shock specifications would be appreciated. Thanks Loki

Very nice bike! And a great spec list. Inspiring for Specialized fans (like me) :LOL:

Back