Dyna-Tech build - advice and opinins needed.

Yeah it's TallPaul. Not listed in the subject line though, and those black stanchions would really set off some black ano bits etc.

I can't believe i'm getting so into someone elses bike.

:shock:

what makes it an dyna tech?

i may be miles out but the frame is identical in every way to what a local shop to me sold for 79.99 a few years back....

sorry if im wrong. :?:

I don't have the frame in my possession yet but there has been a fair bit of discussion about it on here in the past and the general consensus seems to be that it's an odd ball Dynotech MT, maybe a prototype.??

Certainly looks a lot like the one here (it's this frame being discussed):

But had alloy main tubes, not the normal Ti.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13077&highlight=dynatech

If you have any information that might contradict that, I'd be very interested if you would let me know.

have no infomation except its identical to what a shop near me sold about 1999/2000 i know this as i knew someone who bought one who had trouble with the alloy bonding the tubes.

that raliegh has the same colour scheme ill agree but features are well diffrent like rear canti hanger/cable routing etc..

you'd know if its a raliegh the minute you pick it up, the qualify will be high and there will be not much frame flex when built,

im 100% sure its what my LBS sold but as i say could be completly wrong.

Panic over, after a little asking around I'm happy that it is definitely a Dyna-Tech, even if it's a bit of an odd one. :D

Now about these forks, anyone else got any ideas or suggestions??

Manitous??

Pace??

Girvin??

USE :cool: ??

Something else all together??

AND Cantis or Vs??

Canti's and Manitous (if your really cant be swayed to the old Rocky's!).

I've had Mani's before and they are a nice ride :D

cherrybomb":2khk43tg said:
Panic over, after a little asking around I'm happy that it is definitely a Dyna-Tech, even if it's a bit of an odd one. :D

Would you mind me asking how you're now sure? Be interested to know its history.

Because I had a long conversation with Philip about what he'd found out about it while it was in his hands. From what he has told me, it ticks enough boxes for me to be comfortable with it's history.

Once I have it in front of me, I'll do some more investigation to fill in the gaps, but I'm now happy that it apears to be what it says it is. ;)

Back