Overbury's "The Riddler"

I have been racking my brains on this very subject LGF!

Always wanted xtr but not a fan of the grey colour that m950 would bring so pretty sure that's out.

At the moment I am leaning towards Middleburn cranks and some posh V's. The rest is up in the air, m739 is good looking and affordable even when NOS so is a good option.

Left field option to consider could be a dura ace 7700 rm from 96. Nod to the campy stuff of old perhaps, nice short cage.

Got some thinking to do :LOL:

Having got some parts through that will be on the bike I thought I would see how they looked, try to formulate the "look" and fit of the bike as it will be.

Some donor wheels and hey presto. . . . it looks like a bike . . . .almost :LOL:

92623492.jpg

I have the colour scheme / paint quoted but not booked in yet. I am lucky that the company Sinnerman used for his recent beauties is only up the road from me, and is cheaper than Argos. Just need to save the cash now (not easy when the wife wants holidays paid for!).

Paint will involve colour matching the rc30 legs and hopefully the t-bone too, (after seeing chaos theory how couldnt I? ;) )

I will be looking for black ControlTech bars and Middleburn RS3 cranks but everything else is still up in the air.

This wont be finished quickly :LOL:

Hmm, now you say it I can see what you mean.

It could be a few things,

Argos have sorted the frame so I am pretty sure that is OK.

It could be the picture, you can see it is not straight on as both legs are visible from the side.

It could be the forks, they have been crimped on the legs where someone has at some point over tightened them. They may not be %100 straight out of the crown (if that makes sense)

It may just be that the rake of the forks is insufficient for the frame? Overburys did use straight bladed forks on occasion but I believe they may have kicked forward slightly (like switchblades).

Any other opinions out there, I may have to consider at least trying some different forks, :roll:

I've been looking at this again and again and it really does not appear right :?

Is the crown of the forks the right way around?

It looks as though unless you have tiny feet that you would get toe overlap using them ...... hmm :?

Could the forks be bent too? Would seem a highly unlikely misfortune but ....

The problem with all the side on views is no 2 are the same as mine. BUT. Generally I am thinking the pace just don't have the rake needed to push the front wheel forward like the others.

Maybe. . . :roll:

I have seen a Roberts with rc30's on where the geometry is similar to this mind.

the_duke":dtg2m59q said:
The problem with all the side on views is no 2 are the same as mine. BUT. Generally I am thinking the pace just don't have the rake needed to push the front wheel forward like the others.

Maybe. . . :roll:

I have seen a Roberts with rc30's on where the geometry is similar to this mind.

P1020182.jpg

92623492.jpg

That's the Roberts thanks LGF. Is similar to my eye, other than being a smaller frame. The front wheel is a similar distance from the downtube.

As for the fork length, the headset and crown race aren't properly installed yet so that may make 2-3mm of difference.

I have installed the legs so they are flush with the top of the crown. Is this correct?

Back