The Retrobike National Event Series 2010/11

The Ken":2nnccegs said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you have some lovely wee hills doon there too. :D

Thetford is of course well known for it's steep hilly terrain ;) What it makes up for in lack of altitude is the fast sweepy singletrack that goes on for miles and miles. You end up riding flat-out all day long which gets very tiring.

Just to follow on from what The Ken has already stated really, 6 of the 7 rounds of the RB National Event Series have been selected based on the fact they have been tried and tested over the last year or two. They have been great successes with great riding and great turnouts, and the 2011 events will build on that.

The final round will be based on a popular vote and could be anywhere.

However alongside the National Series there will still be plenty of 'local' rides organised by the Area Events Coordinators and Deputies too.
How many rides, their type and where they take place, is largely down to suggestions and feedback from forum users. You've got to factor in feasibility and the time and energy of the AECs/DECs too though...

In the North West Area for example we're planning on organising at least one ride per month. We'll also be fully supporting the National Series and liaising/collaborating with neighbouring area groups to get a really healthy and varied rides calendar in place.

For rides where you are, you're best bet is to have a look at your area section and get in touch with it's AECs and Deputies.

Thank you Paul for putting the record straight in my absence. Paul is absolutely correct local level rides are unaffected by the National Series and local rides are indeed actively encouraged.

Having travelled south of the Thames on many occassions I know the riding is good there. Sadly though only the GreenRabbit is willing to give his time and effort in organising rides in this area. Anyone keen to help help him please get in touch.

The national calendar is a selection of rides that are well established and that is why they are chosen. Events like the Cannock, Peaks, BDW and Thetford attracted attendances of around 30 riders last year.

sinnett177":afkk9ql6 said:
1) Sadly though only the GreenRabbit is willing to give his time and effort in organizing rides in this area.
2)Anyone keen to help help him please get in touch.

1) Sounds like your are trying to put off someone volunteering to organize a ride in a different area!
2) Done.

The national calendar is a selection of rides that are well established and that is why they are chosen. Events like the Cannock, Peaks, BDW and Thetford attracted attendances of around 30 riders last year.

Did they start that way, or did they evlolve into a National Ride after some years?

D ;)

Piperdave":37naaake said:
sinnett177":37naaake said:
1) Sadly though only the GreenRabbit is willing to give his time and effort in organizing rides in this area.
2)Anyone keen to help him please get in touch.

1) Sounds like your are trying to put off someone volunteering to organize a ride in a different area!
2) Done.
1) Thats quite the opposite of what we are trying to achieve here, seems like you've totally got the wrong end of stick. The South East is an area that I'm very eager to develop, the problem is no one other than the GreenRabbit has stepped forward to organise anything.
2) Great I look forward to heaing from the GreenRabbit, should he feel your right for the role.

Piperdave":37naaake said:

Did they start that way, or did they evlolve into a National Ride after some years?

D ;)
These rides have all evolved over the past 4 years. For some they have almost been a National Series already.

On a more positive note - I'm quite tempted to head up to Thetford on the 23rd.
Anyone else from the Berkshire area fancy going?

i might be being thick here but is thetford still on and where and what time is the meet.

thanks andy

Please don't flame me but I'm a little disappointed there's nothing in the south east (or arguably south at all!) as well, although with my track record of retrobike rides I probably wouldn't be able to make it anyway....! :roll:

Maybe instead of a National Series ride, we could host the National Champs?!?!?!

Just my 2p, please don't hurt me!!!

any123":3ar78ygu said:
i might be being thick here but is thetford still on and where and what time is the meet.

thanks andy

Thetford meet is 100% still on. Meet at 10 for 10:30am (ish) start. Meet at Brandon country park visitors centre. Post code / map etc in meet thread.

Back