Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

8lezard":3p9t3kru said:
Here's my recently acquired RSP Ti MTB frame:-

IMG_1702.jpg

Not 100% sure about the year, but think it may be a '97. Although, in the '97 catalogue the frame seems to be TIMET but this one is IMI. :? Can anybody help with the date please?

More pics here:-

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130189

Thanks... :)

Nice frame. IMI was where we got the tubing from. It was in Swansea. The silver BS6102 sticker shows it was sold into the trade as a frame only.
The bead blast finish is great and the decals are original.
Love it, Merry Christmas :D

Thanks for the info bikemeister. Merry Christmas to you too.

I've wanted to try one since I took these pics of Barrie Clarke's at Llandrindod Wells cycle museum last year. Love the yellow 'team' decals and blue ano X-Lite / Hope parts.

BarrieClarkesRaleighTi96.jpg

P9040083-1.jpg

P9040080-1.jpg

Very sweet 8lezard, like it a lot! :cool: Look forward to a build - are you going for the Barrie Clark spec? Not to encourage wanton spending for our viewing pleasure of course... :twisted: :LOL:

The only differences between Barrie's frame and yours is that his was a made to measure, and polished not bead blasted. Bead blasted is a better finish for the long term.

Regards

elPedro666":1pfzbuw7 said:
Very sweet 8lezard, like it a lot! :cool: Look forward to a build - are you going for the Barrie Clark spec? Not to encourage wanton spending for our viewing pleasure of course... :twisted: :LOL:

Ha, ha! A BC rep would be cool, but will take time and a few quid! Immediate plan is to build it up with parts I mostly already have (Judy XC and XT drivetrain) and see how it rides... :)

Barrie's seat post is a Kalloy SP-248 and the Stem is from Jou Ding (Tranz-X) with an RSP logo on it.

It's not the parts, but the sum of the whole (that includes Barrie) :LOL:

Hello of friends of the English traditional brand,

there the Tread is in the process being fallen asleep, so I would like to give some new live with the structure of my first winter project. In the next days I will document the progress. The basis originates from a friendly forum member from the Netherlands, to whom I took up contact in the English forum. Like you see, the international communication among Classicbike friends works realy perfect :D .

Best greetings from Mainhatten

Looks to be in lovely condition DTR, what plans do you have for the build so far? :)

Mostly though I'm just jealous of your workshop - from that glimpse it looks excellent! :LOL:

Dynatechrider":1qnw05oq said:
Hello of friends of the English traditional brand,

there the Tread is in the process being fallen asleep, so I would like to give some new live with the structure of my first winter project. In the next days I will document the progress. The basis originates from a friendly forum member from the Netherlands, to whom I took up contact in the English forum. Like you see, the international communication among Classicbike friends works realy perfect :D .

Best greetings from Mainhatten

Hi Dynatechrider and welcome to our home. You have a fantastic early Dyna-Tech there. I look forward to seeing the build.
Back in the day we did export some Dyna-Techs to both Holland and Raleigh Germany. We also sold some special models to ZEG.
Best regards
Bikemeister2000

Back