Dunkers big bad build thread

clockworkgazz":1j57s5je said:
without the headset tensioner you will reduce the looks. For me, my vote will be a combo of looks and weight- cost is not going to be a consideration mainly because mine is not the cheapest build :LOL:

Aye, I've kept some stuff to keep the looks retro. Could have fitted a lighter stem but kept the control tech. Wee XLite compressor looks good too.

Ended up going with a standard 3/32" KMC 9-speed chain that I got free from CRC when they sent me 2 last year... it was 115g lighter than the 1/8" SS chain I originally had on it... granted, some of the weight saved was down to it being shorter. Also saved 44g going from the 39T BMX chainring up front to an FSA 34T, and another 17g at the rear (going from 19T to 17T Surly cog).

I do like it when retro and lightweight come together... 124g for that Ritchey Prolite WCS bar is verging on the ridiculous.

Already thinking about what I'll change on the Fat after Dunkers... Popping the wide bars back on is a definite, that'll probably cost me 200-ish grams. And I'll put the Turbo back on it, looks wise I think it's preferable to the Flite (+ 90g) - I suspect my arse will prefer it too. The Mythos skinwalls will stay, since they look good but not really all that keen on them grip wise.

I've the same ritchey bar :cool: indeed very light for the dough!

i have retroised my build
syncros stem 200g and 230g bars

the other stem was 127g and 140 g bars
gone for retro tyres too another 100g

it looks far better for it
i just fitted a 9 speed sram chain cos it was all i could get that was shiny
208 grams as fitted

Sneaky pic. :)

5364402765_53372aa90e_z.jpg

Going to try to find a bag of chains I have somewhere :roll: the one I weighed earlier is a bit of a beast.

Mibee a retrobike decal, don't want to push the weight up.

Back