Dunkers big bad build thread

Leant Project Dunkers next to the Lobster tonight and was distressed to notice the toptube is an inch higher. And I have very short legs, padded shorts for me I think!

I have a chain and the rear brake to cable up up and I'm good to go. Original brakes are back on unless I can figure out how to fit the Kona ones. Weight has started to creep up :? a BB I was going to use has been shelved as it appears to need a special fitting tool, rear cog and spacers are cobbled together from an old cassette just now, I reckon I will tidy this up too. Sooo sitting at 17.4lbs just now with chain, grips, rear brake cable and possibly a tensioner. And looking at it I don't think its cost over £150.

Amazing weight, mine will be about 19ish lbs, awaiting for electronic scale from Taiwan to confirm. But my build costs have closed at £0 :D I really don't have any budget for these so I guess i did well.

Pah, chain is killing me. I'd have liked to have kept it in the 17.XXlb zone :? will need to work out how to fit this bottom bracket(saving of 50g). Ordered some new brake blocks too, what were folks findings on different blocks? Will also see if I can save a bit with an alloy cassette lockring and alloy spacers. Will probably try to weigh a few old chains too. I could get rid of the X-Lite headset tensioner (24g saved).

without the headset tensioner you will reduce the looks. For me, my vote will be a combo of looks and weight- cost is not going to be a consideration mainly because mine is not the cheapest build :LOL:

I've given up on the hedlock idea. Right now saving £'s is more important than saving lb's. Tonights project is to try to get the front wheel I want to use working properly again, it's a bit wobbly. Well more than a bit :D

Back