Cassette spacers

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i want to change out the spacers on my cassette to red ones. cassette is sram pg970 12-26. it currently has orange spacers but i want to know where i can get some coloured ones (preferably red)
any one know? other than salvaging from another cassette

What's the width of them, if they are the same and same material (e.g Alu) then they would be fine. If you're replacing plastic spacers then they used to ba a touch wider than the equivalent Alu/Steel ones for which I can only say was due to compression on them.
Talking Way back when though in 7 speed era.

So err check the width, but any spacer that isn't to heigh for the smaller sprockets should be fine.

Oh and on shimano the colour changed to signify it's width (again may have changed that stance with modern setups .)

EDIT might sound daft, but they make a PG970 DH version that has all the red parts you need ? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=57562
See if ebay has a knackered on and use the spacers. Might be cheaper as Alu spacers don't seem to be cheap on their own.

have vinyl died them for now
still abit worried though as it struggled to screw together properly and the 12t on just caught the lip of the freehub. hmm, i hope it went down when i did it up. real tight, no problems yet

Back