2004 Kona Explosif Refresh

very nice work.
i thought about doing something very similar to an 03 Exlposif frame I recently missed out on Epay.
I had the same set up on an 05 Humu frame and would love to try the same on a 'lighter' frame, such as the Explosif.

you'll love riding it. and the alfine cable tabs youve added will finish it off a treat.
I bet you wont be able to resist sticking the 11sp alfine hub on when they are released!

Update - completed

When searching for something else, I came across a thread I started, so here are the 'finished article' pics.

Really pleased with the Alfine, worked faultlessly so far. I have some RC31 forks on the way which may end up replacing the 'sturdy' dirt jump P2s.

Attachments

• DSCF2890.JPG
    DSCF2890.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 2,675
Have you had a problem with the shifting yet, those internal hubs over here in Sweden, Freeze once then never seem to work again well not until summer at least.

Thanks for the comments! really pleased with how it's turned out.

jmacbrid - not had any problems with the Alfine freezing, I been out when it's been frozen over too, but not out in the snow (Any snow in Malmo? Or is it too far south to get much snow?) What freezes up? Have you got water (ice) in the 'cassette' bit? (the bit with the window for the yellow lines?)

Back