M732 help & tips please!!

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm going to need a groupset for a project build, how easy is to get M732 stuff and how much should I be paying on average?

Im thinking rear mech, front mech and some thumbies....but it has to be M732 (or M900 at a push) to be 'authentic' for the year...

Ideally a 12/28 block and 26/36/48 rings.

Will probably go for 'exotic' cranks, BB and brakes etc though :twisted:

There is always a steady supply of it on the Bay, and usually good prices too. For example rear mechs go for £15-£20, fronts for a tenner. Cranks seem a bit rarer but do come up every now and then for about £35. The US seems the best bet for a NOS headset. Ive got a lovely set of wheels for sale using 732 hubs and Mavic MA40MB rims if you are interested. You wont find better.

Yeah I spose they would. If you wanted to get really anal about it I would say they are 1990. I was planning to use them on my 91/92 Clockwork, but they are too nice for that. Looking for £110 posted if interested. Currently the rear is 130 OLN but I have a 135 to put in if required.
mavic2.jpg

The prices were quite ok, but like most parts on ebay, these are rising too. Not very much but I've seen a NOS M735 derailleur go for 100 euro.

"Martin" from here still has a new M730 biopace crankset. It didn't fit his Klein, so you can try him.

Yep thats me, I bought this one for my Klein rebuild but didn't fit because of the bottombracket size.

Foto-MQKZ838L.jpg

Foto-8SF4GRO4.jpg

if your interested just PM.

XT rearmachs can be very expensive NOS. last week one on the German Ebay went for 100 euro's. I think a nice one should be about 30-35 euros. Front mechs are plenty NOS available for low prices.

Back