A call for advice

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":37c72rkf said:
Always shop here first, there are some real 'steals' to be had and you get the advice (if you need it) too ;)

and if you don't see what you think you need just ask. You'll be amazed how many people buy stuff thinking "I'll need that one day" or even "someone on retrobike probably can use that" :shock:

Your only down the road from me, im in aqueduct. Ever ride on Wrekin?

Or Longmynd?

At the moment I'm forty and fat and working desperatly to correct the later :LOL:

As such most of my riding so far (last couple of months) has been on the lanes/back roads out toward High Ercall and Roddington. I'm out usually 3 nights a week and it's really starting to work, fitness & stamina are improving by leaps and bounds. I'm hoping to get to a level where I can take on good local trails soon. If you can suggest any (especially the Wrekin) please let me know.

So the clue is, if you see a fat bloke on a slightly flat looking Hardrock between Wellington and Shrewsbury, it's probably me :shock:

Hay, no problems. :LOL: I'm 38 (OK, not so fat) and only gave up smoking about 40 a day two months ago, so you're in good company. ;)

Gorbs":3e6e6epd said:
just to get back into things without blasing out too much cash (being married with a family has that effect...)

Anyway, as I've gotten more and more back into things, I've started thinking about bringing my Orange out of retirement.

Should be nominated for oxymoronic statement of the year....

It's all a question of perception really. If Mrs Gorbs was to see me going out and buying another new bike, I would get the hard stare treatment. If she percieves that I'm doing up something I already have, she'll see that as 'making do'.

That's the theory anyway...

Have just got back from a night ride around benthall woods in ironbridge (gotta test the new lights out!) it was class!
Mostly been riding the roads out to shrewsbury or much wenlock lately on the road bike, if the mtb comes out its the chase,llandegla or penmachno. If you want to go for a blast give me a shout (you too cherrybomb!)

If only my Mrs was that naive......

On the other hand, my Missus is dependant on me for keeping her stable of bikes running so she pretends not to notice.... It's amazing what gets past her that she pretends she hasn't seen.

I also find that the more bikes you have, the easier it is to slip one more through the door.... Having the storage space helps though....

Back