1993 Zaskar Build

legrandefromage":3fd89vu4 said:
Ian W":3fd89vu4 said:
legrandefromage - I think you could be on to something !

My mech is an XTR M900 (unknown year).

The chainset is a Sugino 900.

I have tried every possible way to get this thing setup and its constantly the same issue of the upshifting just appears to push the mech too far.

Would the mechs you posted work with the Sugino chainset (or how can I confirm what will / won't work).

the mechs I posted are for 94bcd compact chainsets including the Sugino

Many thanks :D

Bought http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BANKRUPT-SHIMANO- ... _841wt_905

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":3o5qkzay said:
just dont blame me if it all goes tits up!

lol - it can't get any worse, i'm sure that the M900 is never going to work for me and the new ones a tenner delivered, I should get near that back selling the current one.

It'll work out in the end :p

legrandefromage":30ymm4xn said:
gm1230126":30ymm4xn said:
08 is month.

cant be as mine would have been manufactured after I bought it

It is the month. I just got an 0893 frame with bits of the original 1993 decals still hanging on it. Just put new ones on. It has welded cable stops too. I have other 93's with welded stops and some with riveted. Back in 1993 the 94 production would likely have started the first week of September in 93.

Attachments

• PICT8671.JPG
    PICT8671.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,607
  • PICT8665.JPG
    PICT8665.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,607
Ian W":uixzcmaw said:
legrandefromage":uixzcmaw said:
Ian W":uixzcmaw said:
legrandefromage - I think you could be on to something !

My mech is an XTR M900 (unknown year).

The chainset is a Sugino 900.

I have tried every possible way to get this thing setup and its constantly the same issue of the upshifting just appears to push the mech too far.

Would the mechs you posted work with the Sugino chainset (or how can I confirm what will / won't work).

the mechs I posted are for 94bcd compact chainsets including the Sugino

Gentleman...Now that we know what chainset Ian is running (non-Shimano) are we going to ask if Ian has the right size bottom bracket spindle length on his bottom bracket and does the Shimano front derailleur have enough upper and lower limit to match his cranks spindle length so that it could properly shift? Ian what do you have in for a bottom bracket and how long is the spindle.

Ian W":1glyoi63 said:
Ok, so is the axle lengh the chainset width from side to side?

no, the physical width of the BB axle 113, 122, 127mm etc

spindle.jpg

Back