1993 Zaskar Build

It does look like mine is setup correctlty then.

Very strange, just can't get the thing to work, everything seems correct, tried numerous things but everytime I shift up to postition '2' it sends it up top the granny ring :evil:

sorry - looked like it was correct.

try cleaning out the shifter too, the grease gets thick and can lead to the ratchets not always engaging for each ring.

mikeekim89":3dw1lywn said:
No, The cable needs to be on the other side of the little pointy bit. That might be your issue.

Ok, so looking at my pic where the cable is attached to the left hand side your saying it should be on the right?

legrandefromage - Tried to different shifter pods and two different cables.

Ian W":2qpebiuw said:
mikeekim89":2qpebiuw said:
No, The cable needs to be on the other side of the little pointy bit. That might be your issue.

Ok, so looking at my pic where the cable is attached to the left hand side your saying it should be on the right?

legrandefromage - Tried to different shifter pods and two different cables.

ok - well if the cable is attached the wrong side it will pull the mech further than it should so in effect - overshifting. It can also help to have a certain amount of slack in the cable when on the granny ring, not too much though. Front mechs can take ages to get right.

I agree with the big cheese. He is correct. FD can be nightmares to set correctly... The cable position won't help though. Have you considered a snagged outer?

I think I spy your problem, the M900 mech is trying to shift a compact drive chainset? That will always cause a headache

Looks like you'll need to find an appropriate mech

1994 XT

94XT.jpg

1994 XTR

do you see your mech here?

94XTR1.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage - I think you could be on to something !

My mech is an XTR M900 (unknown year).

The chainset is a Sugino 900.

I have tried every possible way to get this thing setup and its constantly the same issue of the upshifting just appears to push the mech too far.

Would the mechs you posted work with the Sugino chainset (or how can I confirm what will / won't work).

Ian W":3j311ozz said:
legrandefromage - I think you could be on to something !

My mech is an XTR M900 (unknown year).

The chainset is a Sugino 900.

I have tried every possible way to get this thing setup and its constantly the same issue of the upshifting just appears to push the mech too far.

Would the mechs you posted work with the Sugino chainset (or how can I confirm what will / won't work).

the mechs I posted are for 94bcd compact chainsets including the Sugino

Back