BRITISH CUSTOM STEEL "DAVE LLOYD" BUILD FINISHED:)

Looks top draw to me , been looking forward to seeing this finished !! :cool:

More pic's , more pic's !!

the ride......

.......i must admit.....i did do 8 mile today in my dinner hour, and i was probably a bit gentle with it to be honest, wanted to bed it all in stretch the cables, tweak the cables etc, rode it with the Reynolds 753 forks and painted stem today, going to do the same tomorro with the tange prestige switchblades now....see which i feel better with....before the reunion ride on sunday.....!!!!!

to be honest though im dying to find out how it compares to chas roberts dogs bollox frame work.

I know there are a couple of years betwwen them, but the burning desire, to genuinely compare two different tubesets is killing me.

after reading decades of reviews and marketing ads, and hearing other racers opinions, at last i will have the chance to compare the two......both for me are legend in there own right. perhaps now i will be able to see the truth of it all......i have so many unanswered questions its untrue...!!!!

Re: the ride......

sinnerman":16ctu36j said:
I know there are a couple of years betwwen them, but the burning desire, to genuinely compare two different tubesets is killing me

Understand your impatience completely. We need more comparisons of retro rides on here, and the frameset is what counts. Look forward to the results.

clockworkgazz":j6gsvwsi said:
Thats amazing great work and back from the brink- uber cool :cool:

cheers for that gaz, :D . any more developments on your lovely fillet brazed frame of yours....?

can we see pics yet...?

Attachments

• 100_0621.JPG
    100_0621.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 1,169
  • iuytf987.JPG
    iuytf987.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 100_0720.JPG
    100_0720.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,169
  • jfcr7i.JPG
    jfcr7i.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,169
Well you always did look good in Lycra, I think.

It’s fair to see that you have done a spectacular job on this bike and its good to see that it gets out there and gets muddy, its the only way a mountain bike should be.

So how did it perform and how does it compare to the 'BOLLOX' in its riding style? I was not fortunate enough to be able to join you this weekend as I had to work, oh well maybe another weekend we can put the Lloyd up against the Alpinestars.

Having looked at this thread and the other that contains details of the build you have done a 'Super Doper Job', maybe that’s the wrong expression but I like it.

Who took the pictures, I think he/she needs to 'RTFM' about using the camera on a fast moving object, although the last one has an almost Arty quality as it shows the body in motion with the bike almost stationary. Strange.

Back