1993 Zaskar Build

Little update now.

Tyres are on, brakes are on but need cables, rear mech setup

Need some help now! I'm having a right time with the front mech, hoping someone can steer me in the right direction..

My front mech is jumping from the bottom chainring straight to the top when im shifting up? I've tried two shifter pods and two cables so ruled an issue out there.

Its an XTR mech (unknown model). Could the mech be at fault?

DSC00238.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone (or can anyone get) a pic of how the cable should be routed from the BB area up to the mech on a XTR M900... :?

If no one supplies one in the meantime I can get you one. But the cable for the rear mech goes straight on the cable router under the BB and the front cable goes up through the router that is looking up between the chainstays. It goes through the mech from the bottom of the bolt and then you set it up. It literally follows the seattube up between the chainstays

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the cable need to go the other side of the black tab next to the clamp bolt?

Andy B":38xlz4zz said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the cable need to go the other side of the black tab next to the clamp bolt?

I'll check soon as I get in. Maybe 1:30 and let you know. In on my phone so pictures aren't as clear. You may be right.

:LOL: Guess I don't need to check. I will anyway just incase. There is a groove in the clamp on the mech not the bolt side. If it's running smooth on that it's just a mech indexing issue. Try the adjuster screws and the adjuster on the shifter.

LGF = Wrong.

There is a groove in the mech. Above the little bar.. As the picture shows. The wire should go in there. ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0546.JPG
    DSCF0546.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,685
Back