Got an old Chas Roberts D,O,G,S,B,O,L,X, frame for sale?

Big business, little life!

I've had lots of communications with lots of people about the Verlicchi & other bikes, I do my best to stay on top of things and answer all questions, so I can only apologise for not getting back to you on that one, but as I before mentioned I'm just a bloke, a carpenter & bicycle recycler by day & by night, and sadly on the computer at midnight! where's my life gone?

Sounds like your onto a good thing. Keep it up and be sure to regularly use the forum for questions etc.

Where have all our lives gone? Ive just spent the best part of my evening fiddling with some forks. My gosh... :oops:

bike frame

Err this is the for sale section? Isn't it :? A price indication would help me thinks. Some better detailed photo's of the rusty areas and any damage would help with confidence. I am sort of interested, but have to bear in mind the cost of a pro re spray. I am currently building a kit (spray kit, pro stand and shot blaster) to do it my self, but I couldn't cope with replacing tubes just yet!
Will say a warm welcome on board to you too, ;) the site has quite a clubby togetherness and parts tend to go at relatively low prices, to help each other out. i.e just sold some Ti bits to another member at quite a lot less than they would make on Flea bay.

Re: Glad I joined this forum!

re-buy-cycle":33h9m2km said:
I thought this forum was about retro bikes?

It is.

It was recommended to me as being a good place to get good advice?

It is.

I'm not out to rip anyone off!

Maybe the words were a little strong, going by the prices on your website its just a bit overpriced for the uncertain condition it is in and for the stingy retrobike collectors on here who really like a bargain.

How much do new bikes cost? how long do they last?

1. too much , hence we collect the older more affordable top of the line bikes.
2. depends how well the owner looks after it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it worth restoring ? that depends on what a frame builder says and how much you want that bike back in its glory state - as with most retro refurbs tho, you will find very little profit if any if you plan to move her thru.

If you want it for yourself tho - go for it, roberts are nice frames, wouldn't mind one myself ;)

Re: Bollox

cchris2lou":69d45uan said:
Wold Ranger":69d45uan said:
Its for sale on their website £185 plus post!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: The words "pup" and rip and off come to mind?

nobody is forcing you to buy it .
If all new members are welcome like that , we wont get many more . :?

Hear hear. There are no price police/ judges here. Let's keep it that way. It's a happier place than that, we'll leave that to 'other' forums.

I think this is a different Re-Cycle Chris. I may be wrong, but this one looks like a shop.

Nice looking frame too. Simple steel hardtail. Lovely.

Decision made!

Thanks for all the info & help, interesting to see how different everyone's views are, but one things clear & I've made up my mind, that this is an interesting bike, which I will now do my best to get restored (even if it does just hang on my wall after).
So I am no longer looking to sell it, as I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run, as I see this as a classic, retro collectable of the future!
Note:
I've not been collecting up mountain bikes until recently, as they weren't very popular when I tried to sell on ebay etc, but I recognise a good bike when I see one, so I'll buy it or save it from the crusher if I see one, I was happy to pay £50.00 for it.

:D

im affraid with a forum like this people will have there own opinions, wouldnt worry about it to be honest,

the person who bought the cannondale delta v from you is very happy with the bike,

Ard Feelings

No offence meant with my comments, I am from Yorkshire and have been eeking a living out, from trading with the local farming community for the past 30 years, so have come through the skool of hard knocks!! Just testing your Mettle Kiddo :LOL: I am sure if you come up with some other "classics" they will be greedily bought on here, at the right price of course!

Latest posts

Back