1994 Mtn Cycle San Andreas - Spectrachromed! - FINISHED Pg.7

Alex Creasey

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All,

I managed to pick this 1994 San Andreas up purely by chance from Saltyman last year when he had it up for sale. Had no idea what to do with it or what I’d want the bike to end up like but absolutely over the moon at getting hold of a San An, one of several bikes I'd drooled over as a younster. Anyway, the day it arrived:

original_frame_01.jpg

A little bit of interwebbing later and found this rather interesting San Andreas which sparked off some inspiration:

inspiration.jpg

Now, again by chance a mate of mine has a full Spectrachroming (a chrome paint rather than actual chroming) business and so a plan was hatched and the frame whisked away for some attention.

In the meantime Gil_m made some new decals:

decals.jpg

And after a few months wait between other jobs, finally got a few pics back from the spray booth:

Frame in undercoat, Chrome base coat & finally in Chrome:

frame_01.jpg

frame_02.jpg

frame_03.jpg

Swingarm also in undercoat, Chrome base coat & finally in Chrome:

swingarm_01.jpg

swingarm_02.jpg

swingarm_03.jpg

And a shot of the frame, swingarm & seatpost-holder-thingy lol:

all_01.jpg

Should be getting it back finished next week and then the building can begin!

Cheers.
Alex :cool:.

Shiny! Are you going to use the same parts or a different build? the original looks good, but the cranks are a little faded.

one showed up in Texas a few years back on Craigslist.com but they never emailed me back! :x yours is one SWEET BIKE ,have fun

Amazing

Amazing never seen chrome paint before

Is that frame/swing arm made of aluminium?

Cos if so another route would have been strip/polish/lacquer

Got to say that chrome paint looks incredible, looks just like chrome plating... wow

Like that alot. :D

Chrome paint, looks very innterresting how much would a job like that cost if it wasn't done on mates rates?

Latest posts

Back