Got an old Chas Roberts D,O,G,S,B,O,L,X, frame for sale?

Bollox

Its for sale on their website £185 plus post!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: The words "pup" and rip and off come to mind?

Re: Bollox

Wold Ranger":2kvl3f72 said:
Its for sale on their website £185 plus post!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: The words "pup" and rip and off come to mind?

agreed - mine is perfect and didn't cost me a lot more than that and with the original box forks. Pics in readers bike soon.

Its not even an original D.O.G.S anyway (like those ridden by Juston Loretz, PeeWee, etc) - it's 2nd generation. Too quote my Saffie buffies, KAK!

Leave well alone

Erm guys..Would probably end in tears trying to bring that frame up to scratch :cry: The tubes are scabby externally! Whats it going to be like internally? Shame cos were awesome bikes :)

Re: Bollox

Wold Ranger":2hdhqsvk said:

nobody is forcing you to buy it .
If all new members are welcome like that , we wont get many more . :?

A decent frame builder could salvage that if he replaced every tube, no worries. £185? Bargain.

dogsbolx

Thought I'd better put the record straight.
This isn't a trade sale & I'm not a charity sending bikes to Africa, I'm a bloke who recycles old bikes, I've done it since I was a kid & now I'm in my 40's I'm still doing it, but on a bigger scale and I have a website to go with my passion, nowt wrong with that!
I have this up on my website for sale with an inflated price while I was going through the process of restoring, but as someone has mentioned, Chas Roberts cycles don't appear interested in their old stuff, I think they just want to sell their new bikes.
So basically I was after advice or for anyone to make me an offer to take away the temptation to do it myself, as I have too many projects/bikes lying around.
Thanks for your answers, although they're all conflicting, so still don't know whether its worth restoring? :?

Glad I joined this forum!

I thought this forum was about retro bikes?
It was recommended to me as being a good place to get good advice?
I'm not out to rip anyone off!
How much do new bikes cost? how long do they last?

Restoring

Take it to another frame builder for their opinion, is the best advice I can give without seeing it in the flesh. It looks very rusty so assume it's spent a fair bit of it's life stored outside. Are there any dents or cracks? The trouble is a decent refurb is going to be £150 plus, more if it needs some torch work.
I have tried contacting you in the past via your website on the various bikes frames you have on offer for more info on their condition etc, but you never respond< why? I still see you have the Virlicci for sale. I enquired several times about that frame, with a view to buying, but never got a response. I then bought something else, not good commercial accumen.

Not sure where this post is going.

If you want to offer it for sale then all you need to do is post in the for sale section there.

I must admit due to its condition and some of the posts on here already it may not be worth salvaging.

Bit of a lucky punt maybe for someone?

Pop an ad in the for sale section if you may. :)

Back