The British Eagle revisited - Page 8

cheers for reply,

used nitromors for my forks, still took a bit of effort for my lazy bones so was hoping for a quick fix with an imaginative wheelie bin dip but i guess i'm back to elbow grease

weeman_mtb":4o5n0orf said:
That really is a cracking build, everything just works so well together and I think you got the balance just right with the blue ano too.

Will be keeping an eye out for future builds but you've set yourself some high standards ;) .

Thanks man! I'm really pleased to hear your opinion

It has turned out as exactly what I envisaged at the start when I assembled my parts

We_are_Stevo":15eisa0q said:
Love it - I bought some Manitou 3s recently, plus an upgrade kit, so your photo's are invaluable. I also have the same stem, but I bought Onza blue pedals rather than the Tiogas... :D

Cool, thanks!

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to work on Manitous they look really fearsome!

Though the credit for putting me onto suspensionforkparts.net goes to 'Marin man'

Although the gotcha where you only get elastomers and a teeny sachet of elastomer grease was a surprise discovery by me!

Glad you found a bargain stem, I couldn't believe my luck when I found a brand new long reach (150mm) 1-1/4" lightweight cro-mo quill stem for £4

Proper stroke of luck! but for that I would probably had to have refinished the old one - only 135mm reach

MCsanandreas":2u8nyay0 said:
yep,good job you have done there. a very interesting read all the way thru.
maybe inspired me to try a wheel build sometime!

Cheers man,

Thanks for your input during the build!

I have a mint pair of zoom 170 bars sitting here going begging.....pm me.......they match your stem exactly... :cool:

sinnett177":3s6gjiua said:
Nice job, think you've got the balance right with the ano.

Cheers dude

I just looked in you sig and clocked your work, so to speak

Wow that is a great build and really well put together postings!

So I really appreciate the compliment

I have a P7 lurking in the distant future...

walshy69":217pr68e said:
Very nice build, and v v shiney.

Just to pick your brains for some caustic soda advice. I had a thought of using my wheelie bin as a frame dip, fill it with caustic soda and submerge my frame into it for a lazy paint strip soak. Would you see any problems with doing this i.e damage to frame, caustic soda mix getting left behind inside frame etc.

many thanks

other thing to think about is if wheelie is plastic caustic soda may eat it away!

cracking read , many help tips but I have the impression that your one of those annoying feckers who always come up smelling of roses when the sheet hits the fan :D ;)

Love the bike (apart from the pedals!!) and considering I spent about as much time on my Marin as you have on yours yours looks infinately better. well done.
props to the find of the sus forks website as well.

Back