The British Eagle revisited - Page 8

Too many pics

Today I was hoping to photo shoot the finished bike

The weather is awful

So I'm gonna used yesterday's dodgy pics

Tyre logos not lined up... Asymmetrical gear lever positions, my shadow in the pics and all sorts

Sorry if they offend *grin*

DSCF2179.jpg

DSCF2180.jpg

DSCF2181.jpg

DSCF2184.jpg

DSCF2187.jpg

DSCF2188.jpg

DSCF2189.jpg

DSCF2190.jpg

DSCF2197.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

DSCF2186.jpg

OK I'm done!

That really is a cracking build, everything just works so well together and I think you got the balance just right with the blue ano too.

Will be keeping an eye out for future builds but you've set yourself some high standards ;) .

MCsanandreas":w77k2jhn said:
yep,good job you have done there. a very interesting read all the way thru.
maybe inspired me to try a wheel build sometime!

Definitely agree. I'll be doing my first wheel build soon (all I need are the spokes now!) and I'll be following your instructions :)

I followed your advice on stripping anodising today too - here's a before and after of my RF Turbines. My first attempt at using caustic soda and definitely not my last:

Before:
IMG_0026.jpg

After:
IMG_0030.jpg

Anyway, back to the thread. Great build. Great job. Great advice for people like me to follow in future! Thanks :)

Love it - I bought some Manitou 3s recently, plus an upgrade kit, so your photo's are invaluable. I also have the same stem, but I bought Onza blue pedals rather than the Tiogas... :D

Very nice build, and v v shiney.

Just to pick your brains for some caustic soda advice. I had a thought of using my wheelie bin as a frame dip, fill it with caustic soda and submerge my frame into it for a lazy paint strip soak. Would you see any problems with doing this i.e damage to frame, caustic soda mix getting left behind inside frame etc.

many thanks

walshy69":1s4m5kwe said:
Very nice build, and v v shiney.

Just to pick your brains for some caustic soda advice. I had a thought of using my wheelie bin as a frame dip, fill it with caustic soda and submerge my frame into it for a lazy paint strip soak. Would you see any problems with doing this i.e damage to frame, caustic soda mix getting left behind inside frame etc.

many thanks

Cheers dude!

If it's a painted frame, 'Nitromors' £5 a time at B&Q will make mincemeat of paint

And has straight forward usage notes on the tin :cool:

Barneyballbags":3nrz1g3p said:
MCsanandreas":3nrz1g3p said:
yep,good job you have done there. a very interesting read all the way thru.
maybe inspired me to try a wheel build sometime!

Definitely agree. I'll be doing my first wheel build soon (all I need are the spokes now!) and I'll be following your instructions :)

I followed your advice on stripping anodising today too - here's a before and after of my RF Turbines. My first attempt at using caustic soda and definitely not my last:

Anyway, back to the thread. Great build. Great job. Great advice for people like me to follow in future! Thanks :)

Cool man cheers, those turbines look stunning

Funny how the paint of your logos resisted caustic soda just my rim's logos did!

It's a cool side effect, but I guess if you want them gone from something you'd have to bear that in mind and wet and dry/Nitromors them away or something...

There is a dude on here who sells spokes for a great price, I get mine of t'bay

Latest posts

Back