Gazelle Champion Mondial

BB is cleaned. It seems in good condition.

BB01.jpg

The plastic sleeve has lost all its flexibility...

BB02.jpg

BB03.jpg

Someone has put it in without the proper care and now that fold is permanent... any suggestions on how to put it back right?

Gentle heat? It could be a thermoplastic which will soften and then re-harden on cooling.

jCymbal":12cix038 said:
Old Ned":12cix038 said:
One point though - should you use grease on freewheel pawls? I thought they needed light lubrication to prevent possible sticking?

Really don't know... I can tell you that I've done it before to other freewheels and they all still work. I believe that, after installation, a couple of turns and those pawls are completely grease free...

That is a very proper way. A couple drops oil would be a great help too already. The bearing is only active when coasting, so not really important.

jCymbal":3ajiv2g8 said:
Someone has put it in without the proper care and now that fold is permanent... any suggestions on how to put it back right?

Personally I would use another or put it back with excess grease ...and of course see to it that my seattube doesn't get flooded with water :)

Tried the hot water (almost boiling point) and it didn't do a thing. Doesn't matter. I would apply grease over the entire axle surface as a rust preventer anyway so... no problems there.

In case the seat tube gets flooded :LOL: there's already a drain hole on the bottom of the BB shell!

Frame is "clean". All I have to do is to deal with the rust spots.

frame05_.jpg

Have a few "holes" where the pump used to hold. Will have to remove rust, fill in, paint and polish. All the missing parts have been found except for:

a) a chainring nut. (photo left upper side)
campycromocrbolts.jpg

b) brake serrated washer (part no 21 on the following diagram or 2nd washer from the left on the photo below)
Screenshot2010-12-18at103227PM.png

CampaAthenaBrakes06.jpg

If any of you guys have any of these for sale please let me know. PM or email: jkcymbal AT yahoo DOT com

Thanks! :cool:

Back