Muddy Fox Courier Comp 1990 - updated 28/1/2011 page 3

stunning

It's an absolute stunner

Really really really cool

I'm not a fan of those C-Star levers though you should get some Dia Compes on there I feel

But that is among one of the best builds I've seen on here

And it is a very significant bike

One of the first high performance MTBs mortals could actually afford!

Superb job

I had one of these bitd. Same colour I put a road crankset on it though as I used it as a commuter - super quick with the larger front ring - sold it my mate in the end. May have to see if he's still got it.

Snap!

Same here I think mine was '88 or '89 brown over red in a crazy crackle effect - awesome bike

Either 300/400/500LX can't remember which, Arayas, 1.5" wide tyres, went like a rocket

150mm, stem narrow bars... cornered err quickly

Loved it, also sold mine to a mate, who cut the bars down even further there was just about enough room for the controls to be mounted between the grips and the stem...

I had a maroon and black crackle paint finish one before some scrote nicked it. Had dayglo one off my insurance (well my parents).

Re: stunning

hydorah":1o0i2t1o said:
It's an absolute stunner

Really really really cool

I'm not a fan of those C-Star levers though you should get some Dia Compes on there I feel

But that is among one of the best builds I've seen on here

And it is a very significant bike

One of the first high performance MTBs mortals could actually afford!

Superb job

Thanks!! :p :p

This weekend arrived some parts for it (front and rear suntour mech).
I'm thinking of changing the flexstem for a normal black quill stem :?

I will update the bike soon and post some new pics!

Cheers,
Bart

I have the original uncut MF branded bars for one of these - LX kit didnt appear until the '89/ '90 season btw

and, I have a yellow 1@ stem if required - taking the yellow theme just a wee bit further.

legrandefromage":2ygk0qcf said:
I have the original uncut MF branded bars for one of these

Do you mean those HEAVY steel bars?? ;) :LOL: ;)

Got one on it. Not very nice condition, so if yours is mint, I'm interested if you are willing to part with it.. ;)

legrandefromage":g5p3moym said:
and, I have a yellow 1@ stem if required - taking the yellow theme just a wee bit further.

That wasn't there just now, was it :?

Love to see it, but if I use it, I think I need a yellow seatpost too.... :?

Ace

I got one of these for Christmas back in 1990, sadly I gave it away and it's long gone :(

Back