Got an old Chas Roberts D,O,G,S,B,O,L,X, frame for sale?

re-buy-cycle

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I've got an old Chas Roberts D,O,G,S,B,O,L,X, frame & Pace suspension forks I want to sell, but don't know whether I should get it restored first, anyone interested in a project? or would people prefer a restored bike

Attachments

• Chas Roberts, A.F.Mills 002.jpg
    Chas Roberts, A.F.Mills 002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,426
HI,

we met you at the london bycicle festival last week .
contact one of the mods or John , and explain what you are all about . i am sure they will be glad to help .

Robert bollox

To be fair this guy has his own business "re buy cycle," so this may be a "trade" sale in contravention to the spirit(rules?) of things, anyway. The frame looks about fit for the slow boat to China (scrap) £30 posted would be it's tops. Would need to see some detail too, cracks dents etc?

Dogs nads

What was the frame material, a lot of rust suggests a low grade of steel. I wet stripped a Fillet brazed Reynolds 653/631/525 hand built, recently to bare metal to save on respray costs and after 3 months hung in my shed it was still as bright as a button and it had no internal rust. Bob Jackson told me that's how to tell if a frames decent quality steel or not.

I was under the impression that the Roberts frames were Columbus max OR.

The reason that some frames rust and some don't is not as simple as just 'quality'.
A frames resiliance to surface corrosion in air as described above is simply to do with the alloying elements position to each other and the gases in air on the periodic table. Some blends are less reactive than others.
A reactive element may be alloyed in to improve elasticity or ductility despite it leaving the frame more suceptible to corrosion.

What size is it, I may be feeling charitable. If nothing else it is a bitchin' wall ornament! :D

Back