Broke my first cranks

taffy

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
broke my first cranks today (well no i noticed it as i was giving the bike a good clean today to troubleshoot some front shifting hesitation - guess i found out what it was!) ) not some old umpteen thousand mile set but a pretty new (well 3 years old) set of RF Deus XC's with about 500 miles on them. Dissapointed isnt the word ! :(

aa9561d0.jpg

You can barely see it in the first pic

6b24f2c6.jpg

2nd one is hard to miss!

Lifetime apparently. Now for the joy of finding a receipt and getting a new set should i be lucky enough.

taffy":12fjef7h said:
Lifetime apparently. Now for the joy of finding a receipt and getting a new set should i be lucky enough.

If you can't find the receipt the bank statement may suffice.

I have managed to get one without receipt and the next ones were the replacements so they were covered. If you get no joy from Silverfish try RaceFace directly as they are pretty good at customer service. It was RaceFace that replaced the second set of Turbines with a brand new Deus XC last December which meant new BB and rings.

I got a new set of Atlas today and have put the receipt in a very safe place.

This was the second lot -

3083460118_9bde245616_z.jpg

BertR00t":pnfu04wu said:
I have managed to get one without receipt and the next ones were the replacements so they were covered. If you get no joy from Silverfish try RaceFace directly as they are pretty good at customer service. It was RaceFace that replaced the second set of Turbines with a brand new Deus XC last December which meant new BB and rings.

I got a new set of Atlas today and have put the receipt in a very safe place.

This was the second lot -

3083460118_9bde245616_z.jpg

I would like to applaud you on that fine break !!

well i've had a response saying my e mail has been passed on to the warranty team.

yep

As the Race Face Deus cranks are covered by a lifetime warranty (original owner only) You will need to return your c/set along with a copy of your proof of purchase to the supplying dealer

Which is good. but i'll be buggered if i can remember who i bought them off let alone find a receipt!

And a reply from warranty

bottom line no receipt - no warranty. Which is fine if your neat and tidy and store receipts in shoe boxes under your bed/in your wardrobe.**
meanwhile back in the real world.....

i'll whinge and moan a bit and see what happens (and also politely moan to RF in Canada)

In the likely event i get told to get stuffed (politely!) i'll have to decide on getting some new ones (though probably not RF...)

** note to self to start hoarding recipts

Back