fizik Gobi saddle?

KJD MK1

Devout Dirtbag
Anyone using one? I'm just about to take delivery of a new bike and speced a flite ti classic but I've been told it won't fit my RaceFace Dues seatpost.
I've been offered a Fizik Gobi as an alternative but never tried one.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks

my opinion won't count as saddles are very user specific, but i can tell you that sitting on a flite is like sitting on a razor blade for me where as the gobi isn't. but you may feel a different way.

uno-speedo":1j0w9t99 said:
my opinion won't count as saddles are very user specific, but i can tell you that sitting on a flite is like sitting on a razor blade for me where as the gobi isn't. but you may feel a different way.

Thanks for the quick response, I picked the flite as I've been using one for years find them comfy and I know where I am with them. I was a bit disappointed that I could not have one on the new bike.
I'd never heard of a Gobi until yesterday hence the question.

Did they explain why the Flite would not fit? Saddle rails are more or less the same- if ones fits the other should.

Fizik Gobi is a great saddle btw. I have a few and really rate them.

Dr S":39z4yj7i said:
Did they explain why the Flite would not fit? Saddle rails are more or less the same- if ones fits the other should.

Something to do with the latest seat post mount design, I'll looking into it more when I collect the bike.
Sounds like the fizik Gobi is a winner anyway :)

Dr S":ryqqatqu said:

I just noticed you have a near new one for sale?

I Have a fizik gobi on my scott....real comfortable and nicely made...also you can get a clip in rear light and saddle bag to fit it :cool: :cool:

I see no reason why a Flite shouldn't fit on a Deus post - I ran that combi for ages. Let us know when you find out the lowdown :?

Just to stir things up a bit - I used Flites for 15 years or so, but couldn't get on with a Gobi I used on a demo bike. Didn't like the rolled off corners on the back end :(

Edit/PS. Replaced my aged Flites with Charges Spoons and Knife - both very good and a similar shape.

Back