Question for the Orange experts: O2 info please

Carge

Retrobike Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys,
I've just bought an Evo2 Limited Edition, which just means it was built with higher spec XT/DX bits.
It has a Frame no starting MT804 - which seems to me like an August 2004 build. For a frame built in 2004, I was surprised that it doesn't have disc-mounts, as my 2000 Evo2 does have them??

Can anyone help out with some info please - can't see it in the Orange catalogs - nothing later than 2000.

Thanks!!

Don't think it will be a 2004 as Orange were calling them the Evo4 by then (I think). I had a 2005 Evo4. My guess would be around 2000-2002.

Wouldn't pay too much attention to the 'Limited Edition' bit as my Evo4 was called the same but was the only Evo4 available that year (no 'none limited edition' on sale if you get what I mean).

brocklanders023":1nm9rxoh said:
Don't think it will be a 2004 as Orange were calling them the Evo4 by then (I think). I had a 2005 Evo4. My guess would be around 2000-2002.

I'd agree - that's why I was confused by the MT804 frame no :?

I think Orange's version of Limited Edition back then was speccing DX/XT kit, as opposed to the standard version fitted with LX.

The O2 was made for one year, 1998. So is the Evo2 its replacement. If so it will place it as 99/2000?

I bought my Evo2 in 2000, this was a frame only and I think the previous years model.

It was not a LTD, but did have IS disc mounts.

K

The frame is black - as opposed to the purple that I've seen before.

Attachments

• 35na9ew.jpg
    35na9ew.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,553
possibly refinished by orange? stickers look a bit wonky, and a www. sticker on a 2000 model? could be wrong though.

Good point Jama,
Let me go and inspect the one I have in the garage.....

....Frame No on the 2000 one I have is T003nnnn and doesn't have an "orangebikes.co.uk" sticker.

Maybe the seller misread the T004 as T804 - mine was pretty hard to make out

I think I may have solved the mystery...

It's an 1998 O2

It's been rebadged as an Evo2 - but the seatpost takes a 31.6 seatpost - and it doesn't have disk mounts.

Back