BRITISH CUSTOM STEEL "DAVE LLOYD" BUILD FINISHED:)

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
here are a couple of pics ...before and after, of my long awaited 20 year old dave lloyd..... a custom built, fillet brazed reynolds 753at steel frameset.

the full story behind the build is on the link below, the finished bike starts on page 5, with probably far too many pics, and a build spec, and the help i recieved from different retro bike members, my choices and the reasons behind it.

I would value all feedback and thoughts, from all retro bikers,

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119627 :shock:

Attachments

• 006a.JPG
    006a.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,571
  • 015a.JPG
    015a.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,571
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,571
pics

...before and after..!!!!!!!!

Better men than me, on retro bike coined the phrase "UNICORN".....I wouldnt know if this bike would be considered a unicorn for them, but certainly i would call it..........my "PHOENIX"......risen from the ashes....

aptly nicknamed, by some involved in its resurrection as.................. "CHAOS THEORY"..... because amongst the chaos there is sum order to it.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• ...14.JPG
    ...14.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,543
  • 011a.JPG
    011a.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,543
  • 009a.JPG
    009a.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 2,543
I do not understand :shock: You refinished two bikes?

:LOL:

Nice theme.

Comments: Maybe I would have went with a steel stem, but this matching example is delicious too.

The before pics are a bit blurry, but what I see looks not so nice and nasty to me. Respect for what what you put in to it to make the bike a success again - a success it is.

Nice is I do recognize frame parts like the Cinelli bridge and the seatclamp braze on I previously only had seen on Gazelle Champion Mondials. I would think they are a good indication for the quality of this frame and the close ties to road this builder has. Of course 753AT tubing is super cool :cool:

A fantastic job, Need some better full bike pictures to appreciate it though.

I remember seeing it in your earlier thread and thinking you had your work cut out to restore it, but it has come through brilliantly!

An absolute nail of an original frame that had been abused and neglected for 20 years has been polished, painted and re-crafted into a mint looking example of a quality limited edition custom build.

Once again you have produced a work of art, i can say this fairly having seen the finished article, and it looks immense.

Top banana.

JeRkY":35kk1522 said:
A fantastic job, Need some better full bike pictures to appreciate it though.

I remember seeing it in your earlier thread and thinking you had your work cut out to restore it, but it has come through brilliantly!

thank you for your kind comments, im loving your own choice of ride too..!!!

lots more pics on the original thread here.....take a look...if you get five minutes....
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119627

I shouldn't like it...but strangely I do

Excellent recovery and finished item chap

Back