Scotland bids for Tour de France stage

The French don't do anything for the benefit of anyone else including their friends - look at the beef scandal. They lost the Napoleonic wars, they are trying to run europe through the EEC and should therefore stay out of Britain or rename the Tour de France. In any case why should we pay to have it? Who will pay for the police overtime?

These events typically never seem to bring in the projected revenues and even if they do, the principle financial beneficiaries never pay for the enabling costs except arguably through income tax which is levied nationally not locally.

Isn't it called the Tour de France for a reason?
I could sort of see the sense in it when they popped over the channel to do a stage on the south coast in the 90's.
But Scotland is a long way from France, its like Sweden getting stage of the Giro :LOL:
That said if they are successful i'll defo go and watch :cool:

Andy R":31tvg2bm said:
big.eck":31tvg2bm said:
i hope we don't :D i hate it when they close the roads off for races :evil:
Think yourself lucky that you don't live where I live then :roll:

They've been doing that since 1907 (TT), so it's not like it's something new there?
I know it's very different living there from being a visitor, as it takes out many of the islands main roads, a bit like Greater London using losing the north and south circular roads and several river crossings?
I must visit 'the island' again sometime, not been over for some years now!

Back on topic, I hope Scotland get it too! I've spectated on the Tour's last two visits to the UK, can't be too soon for me :roll:.

Latest posts

Back