Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA & NE&Yorks: Settle to Malham, Yorkshire Dales ~ Saturday 19th February 2011

w-42457-malham_moor-189x189.jpg
w-071195-malhamtarnestate-property_image.jpg
w-malham_cove-189x189.jpg

For this ride we'll be collaborating with the Yorkies to put together a classic route in a truly beautiful part of the country.

:: Date: Saturday 19th February 2011
:: Distance/time: 21 Miles with shortcut options/approx 6hrs including stops.
:: Meeting at: 8am onwards for breakfasts, ride starts at 10:30 sharp. Lower Greenfoot Lane Car Park, Settle BD24 9RB
:: Directions: click here for start location
:: Terrain: 85% off road, mainly well surfaced but expect some mud in places. 1400ft of climbing, drove roads, shooting tracks and some technical singletrack.

The ride starts with a big climb out of Settle and onto the new section of the Pennine Bridleway before heading off over Malham Moor toward the Tarn (the highest Lake in England).
Then a brake burning descent into Malham Village for a hearty pub lunch and ales, followed by a short walk to Malham Cove. The return leg will see us saddling up again for the big climb up onto the Pennine Bridleway again and the final descent down the fantastic Stockdale Lane into Settle.

Stunning Dales views all the way round with particularly good views of the mighty Three Peaks in the distance.

There is plenty of parking in Settle as well as a good few pubs and hotels for those wanting to make a weekend of it. There are also regular trains from Carlisle and Leeds for those who want to leave the car at home.

Please make sure your bike is in good fettle and you are dressed for all weathers. It is also strongly recommended that helmets are worn on this route as the rocks are very unforgiving!

See thi up on't moors

Sign up for this one either here, or over on the NE&Yorks announcement thread. Or both!

Looking good so far guys. Thanks for your support. I'd better get saving up to buy a round :?

So far...

NE&Yorks
Dr S
Simonside Resident
Giant One+ Guests
Kaya
FluffyChicken
Beavis
Brocklanders
Saltyman

NWA
Sinnett177
DSP
mr_ship
Woody
HarryCrumb
mrlee
EarlofBarnet

MacRetro
Velomaniac
RobMac

Anglian and Lincs
Longun

Afraid I'll have to drop out. Got a Fox service clinic @ Bike Treks on 20th and can't get a two day pass from the weekend. Apologies.

This ride is still very much on so I thought I'd give it a nudge to remind everyone that it's this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back