Any difference between Yeti and Accutrax forks?

mfh126

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Does anyone know what year Yeti forks started being labeled/branded as Answer AccuTrax forks? Is there any difference structurally or cosmetically (other than the decals)?

I think they are basically the same fork. But i'm some one will correct me if wrong

I'm thinking the same, but wondering when they started becoming stickered up as Answer AccuTrax forks. I'm guessing around '91?

mfh126":11sqh0kd said:
I'm thinking the same, but wondering when they started becoming stickered up as Answer AccuTrax forks. I'm guessing around '91?

I had a pair in 92/93 and they were Answer

ameybrook posted up a pic a while back showing the difference between the 2 forks.
the earlier, original yeti fork has slightly different dropouts & a less pronounced curve from the fork leg to steerer.

scant":aeollist said:
ameybrook posted up a pic a while back showing the difference between the 2 forks.
the earlier, original yeti fork has slightly different dropouts & a less pronounced curve from the fork leg to steerer.
Thanks scant. I'll do a search and see what I can find. :cool:

The original Yeti forks had several small changes over the years. The original had campy drops that were modified. The leg end caps were saw-cut from solid bar at an angle. The steerers were made from raw tube, threaded and had a .833 (13/16") ID for BMX stems.

The next version had laser-cut dropouts, flat cut end caps and steerers that were internally reamed to 22.2mm (7/8" or .875") This version has the crown ring welded to the steerer in an earlier operation with leg welds covering them.

The next version used tru-temper steerers and legs. Most of these were recalled and destroyed.

The next version would be the Accutrax. They should be the same as the second version.

Of the forks in the earlier thread, the left one is a tru-temper/yeti. The right is an accutrax.

ftwelder":1hpk1tz9 said:
The original Yeti forks had several small changes over the years. The original had campy drops that were modified. The leg end caps were saw-cut from solid bar at an angle. The steerers were made from raw tube, threaded and had a .833 (13/16") ID for BMX stems.

The next version had laser-cut dropouts, flat cut end caps and steerers that were internally reamed to 22.2mm (7/8" or .875") This version has the crown ring welded to the steerer in an earlier operation with leg welds covering them.

The next version used tru-temper steerers and legs. Most of these were recalled and destroyed.

The next version would be the Accutrax. They should be the same as the second version.

Of the forks in the earlier thread, the left one is a tru-temper/yeti. The right is an accutrax.

hi frank, welcome here and thanks for the detailed infos.

cheers michael

Back